Michael-Rayappan 2

RECAP:- (Because I have risen from the dead.)

Kathir was a bit disappointed too. He didn't want to play without Michael. But if anything he learned from the walk up here, it was that Michael was in no condition to play. Angel gave a sympathetic look but didn't press it. She knew how much this game meant for Michael and Kathir.

That was when the same group of men returned, but this time with knives.

********

Michael looked at them cautiously subconsciously putting himself between Angel and the men.

"kya aap kuch bhool gaye bhai? "Kathir asked, tensing a bit. (Did you forget something, brother?)

"Aisa bhi kah sakthe hain. Maine bhol thee na? Thumko Sharma ji bhula rahi hain.", one of them said directly looking at Michael. (We can say it like that too. Didn't I mention it already? Sharma ji is calling you.)

"iskeliye chaako kyu zaroori hai ?", Kathir asked pointing at the knives. (What's with the knives?)

At that moment the sound of a car approaching distracted all of them.

"Abhe saale. Ye koun hai iss samay me? ", one of the men cursed at no one in particular. (That fools. Who's that at this time? )

As the car came their way they hid their weapons and looked at the trio as if warning them not to make a move or else we will take our chances. The car silently crossed away but then halted and reversed. The window opened revealing Sharma in the passenger seat.

"Kya ho raha hai ehaan?", he asked in a steel tone. And then looked at Michael directly. "Bigil, right? ", he asked then.
(What's going on here?) The men visibly tensed.

Michael contemplated his choices and decided to tell the truth. Sharma could have a pistol or something. If they had any chance of escape, this was it. He walked over to the vehicle and bent so that his face was near the window.

"In logon ne hamse kaha ki aapane mujhe bulaaya thaa.", he replied sticking to the truth. ( These people told us you had called for me.)

"Me? I didn't. ", Sharma replied and got out of the car as Michael stepped back. The men took out their tools again and considered their options.

Sharma immediately called security via his phone and the driver pulled out a gun. And that was their cue to run for it. They weren't expecting guns. The chaos soon subsided.

"I had a small errand here. Turns out you got lucky ", Sharma said.

"Thank you, sir.", Michael and Kathir replied slowly still looking at the receding men and the driver chasing after them. "Why is the driver guy overdoing it?", they thought to themselves but were grateful. This could have ended badly. Sharma was right. They got lucky.

Soon they returned to their allotted room and Angel went to some nearby lodge as she still wasn't allowed inside. Sharma had left long ago. Kathir offered Angel his assistance but Angel insisted him to take Michael inside and that she could take care of herself. So the duo limped back in.

"What did that suit man say?", enquired Donald the moment they stepped in. The others were curious too. (Enna sonnaru namma suit Kumar uh?)

Kathir teased Michael by telling them all about Angel making Michael as red as a tomato and ignoring the other things. They didn't need to know, he decided. After a few minutes of fun Michael grabbed his phone and noticed 15 missed calls from Rayappan and 4 calls from Anand. The others had slept already. "Wtf dad", Michael thought to himself. Did something happen to Rayappan? Now he was a bit scared. He called back and limped to the balcony again so as to not wake the others up. The call was answered almost immediately and Anand's voice came from the other end.

"Aaah. Michael! Where are you?", he asked in a rushed tone. "Why didn't you attend the calls?", he continued but was cut off by someone. " Ask him where he is .", the voice urged and Michael recognized the voice as Vignesh, one of his teammates who didn't make it to the nationals. "That's the same question I asked. Be patient." Even without looking, Michael could imagine Anand humorously moving his hands sarcastically and making a face. That brought a smile to his face unintentionally. The mood seemed to be light on the other side so it may have not involved his father after all. But there was also a lingering tension he couldn't exactly pinpoint. Maybe they knew of the attack? Possibly. 

(Aaah. Michael ! Enga pa iruka? ....Call ah yen attend panla?////Enga irukaanu kelu na./////Atha thaana da naan ippa ketten . Iren da. )

"Where else would I be? I'm in the quarters. ", He replied deciding to play dumb. If they knew of any threats there would be an unnecessary scene. As much as he liked chaos he liked football just as equally. He couldn't afford to jinx it. Not here. (Vera enga iruppen. quarters la thaan.) He lied smoothly.

.....

Very short. I know. Ithumela elutha mood varla pasangala. 😭😭

Love you

- Nithi