Michael - Rayappan

Hey !! I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to write and spoil your reading mood.  Lol. Continue reading to know the plot. I think it classifies as a whump.
Ok, forget it. Context is important.

Plot twist:- Rayappan lives.  You know the scene where Sharma said he had planned things for Michael if he had attended the Delhi match? That's the context. 

God! Writing stammering lines for Rayappan seems so disrespectful but not doing so feels like not portraying him correctly.💀💀

*****
Setting:- the railway station scene. 

Michael was on the train with his fellow friends and was on the verge of crying.  Just when the train had left his father was attacked. But Rayappan did not let him get off the train and convinced him that he had it under control. As far as Michael saw his father was hurt pretty badly. It was not new but still not acceptable. He silently hoped his father was okay and would call soon. The rest of his team fell completely silent. Kathir and Donald sat near him and Donald put his hand around Michael's shoulder in an unspoken gesture of support and understanding. No sooner than the phone rang than Michael attended it.  Donald took his arms away and Michael excused himself to the train doorway.

"Appa? ", he asked in a rather timid voice hoping it was his father and not some others with bad news. He took a heavy breath as a familiar voice greeted him from the other end.  (Dad?)

"Michael. Inga prachana onnum illa.  Ithalaam maranthuttu mm..mm..match la mattum concentrate pannu. Inga ellaarum pathrama irukaanga.", Rayappan said in an exasperated tone. 
Though there was a hint of tiredness in his voice there was no sign of pain. That came as a relief to Michael and before he could help it a single tear escaped his eyes.  (Michael. There's no problem here.  Forget all these and concentrate on the mm..m..match. All of us are safe here. )

"Sari pa. ", Michael replied hoping his voice doesn't betray him but Rayappan noticed it anyways. ( Ok Dad. )

"Aluriya? ", he asked with a noticeable increase in his voice. (Are you crying? )

"illaye ", Michael defended himself a bit too quickly and wiped his eyes with one hand.  (No )

Though Rayappan knew his son was lying he let it slide. Both of them knew the drill after countless encounters like these.

"Sari. Ll..late aachu. Poi thoongunga ellaarum." Rayappan said in a conclusive tone to which Michael immediately complied. They bid their goodbyes and Michael returned to their seat.
(Okay.  It's late. All of you should probably sleep.)

Michael was immediately greeted with questioning stares. He filled them in on everything and the visible tension wore off pretty quickly after that. 

††††††††

The team was in their room after a tiring match.  Though they had won, it drained them of their energy. They had their match the next day so they had to regain their energy soon. It was almost as if the Committee was purposefully targeting them with their match schedules. The opponent team seemed to be excessively rough today, most of the team members were injured.  Michael had sprained his ankle, Kathir had a bruised face, etc.

As Michael was processing the facts, the phone went off and it was Rayappan. He should have seen what had happened on TV and is probably checking in.  Michael attended the call and stumbled to the balcony for better service. He immediately regretted his decision as the pain shot up his ankle. 

"Bigiluh? ", Rayappan asked from the other end of the line obviously picking on Michael's pained wince. 

"Onnum illa pa. Kaalu konjam sulikikuchu. Avlothaan. ", Michael offered immediately.  (It's nothing, Dad. I just sprained my ankle. That's it. )