Chapter 5

A/N: I promise. I am working on this story. However, I have been working on others more. If you want me to update this before I actually do, feel free to tell me to update, but please give me about three days to do so.

Thanks

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________________

I shifted in the van nervously while it slowly pulled up the driveway to the house that held my best friend and the little family that I had built with her. My heart pounded hard in my chest with anticipation and fear, and I prayed that they would be happy to see me even after so many years apart.

It had been about eight hours since I found out that Sky was pregnant and had talked to Miza, and I had slowly been getting anxious with each passing second that passed with me not beside her and helping her like a Beta should.

"Katalina?" someone asked from my left. They poked my side, and I swatted at them, not liking that I was being disturbed but grateful that it happened. "Ow," the person complained. "Jethro, Katalina swatted me," they said.

I stirred from my thoughts and looked to my side to see that the Beta Male was rubbing his side, and scowling in mock hurt.

I blinked and blinked again before I cocked my head and furrowed my brows before I rubbed my eyes. "What?" I asked, not knowing what his problem was. "What is it?"

"Be nice, you two," Jethro said from the front seat. "We are almost there and then you two can get out of the car and bug the shit out of each other just as much as you two want."

"But, I don't know what I did to get him to scowl at me," I said and looked to the front to look at Jethro. "I am pretty sure that I swatted at him, but that was because he poked me and was trying to get me out of my thoughts."

"It's because you were lost in your thoughts," Miguel grumbled and rubbed his side some more. He huffed and leaned against me dramatically. "It hurts, Kattie, and I am going to die."

I rolled my eyes and scowled while I pushed him away. "Shut up," I said before I looked at Jethro. "Can't you just park the car here?" I asked, starting to feel claustrophobic in the tight space. "I need to get out."

Anxiety started to get the best of me, and I fiddled with my hair to keep myself busy. My heart pounded hard in my chest, and the urge to just open the door and bolt was getting stronger and stronger with each passing second that I was stuck in this deathtrap.

"We are almost there," Jethro said and glanced at me through the rearview mirror.

Worry filled his eyes while he studied me, and I had a feeling that he could tell how bad it was getting.

"Can you keep still for one more minute?"

I didn't respond and slouched into the back of my seat without much fight. I started to shake all over, and I turned my gaze to the car door, waiting for him to park the car so that I could get out and go find Sky myself.

Miguel looked at me, worriedly before he looked at Jethro. "You might want to hurry up," he said. "I don't think she will wait any longer. She's getting very antsy, and I don't like it."

Jetheo did what Miguel said and sped up a little on the driveway. He ignored everyone else while he parked in the parking spot that was set for him and turned off the ignition, letting the car go idle.

I fiddled with my seatbelt, becoming clumsy because I couldn't release it and growled out of frustration and my annoyance.

"Katalina?" Miguel asked, amused and frightened about my struggle with the seat belt that locked me in place. "Do you need any help?"