Chapter 6

I sat on my bed and moved a hand through my hair, biting back a sigh while I looked around my room, noticing that it looked just as I had left it, bare and empty.

My bag laid near the door where I had dropped it, even though I knew that I should unpack and put my stuff away, but I couldn't do it, not yet at least.

It would mean that I was committing to stay...

There was a small knock on my window, and I turned my head to look that way and saw Jerecho's Familiar, an owl, sitting on the windowsill.

I didn't say a word and looked at the owl, not doing what he wanted and letting them appear.

The owl rolled his eyes before he knocked on the window again, and I bit back a sigh and leaned back on the bed.

"Ok," I said, defeated before I rubbed my face. "You can show yourself." I paused and cleared my throat while I shifted on my bed and closed my eyes. "You can show yourself too, Miza."

The air around me grew magical, and the hair on my arms stood up at attention while they appeared.

"It took you long enough," Jerecho teased, and I rolled my eyes and scowled while Miza snorted. "How are you doing?"

I shrugged and grimaced. "Nervous," I replied honestly before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, "but I will be able to survive."

"Hmmm." Jerecho nodded. "Well?" he asked before he cleared his throat. "Do you have any questions for me?" He raised his eyebrow, and I grimaced and shrugged.

"We both know that she does, Jerecho," Miza teased, and Jerecho chuckled and nodded in agreement. "However, she does not know how to ask them."

I didn't respond, and my cheeks grew red because what he said was true. I did have questions, a lot of them, but I had no idea how to ask them, which was why I hadn't asked a lot of them to Miza when we talked to each other before today.

Jerecho chuckled and nodded. "I know," he said softly. He cleared his throat and grew serious while he leaned back in his seat. "Do you want to start from the beginning?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

I hesitated but nodded and looked at my hands. "Are you mad?" I asked. "At me?"

Jerecho snorted and stayed silent while he shook his head, even though I didn't see it.

"I think that is for you to answer verbally, Jerecho," Miza said and leaned back in his seat. "She should know the answer to that question, especially since we did have a discussion a few hours ago."

He gave me a pointed look, and I didn't meet his gaze and bit my lip.

"Hmph," Jerecho said with pursed lips before he cleared his throat and leaned back in his seat. "No," he said, finally before he cleared his throat. "I am not mad at you, Katie." He paused and cleared his throat again. "Nor am I mad at you." He looked at Miza when he said.

Miza breathed a small sigh of relief and relaxed from where he was seated, and I looked at the two of them with furrowed brows, confused.

"Wait, what?" I asked and looked between them before I looked at Miza.

"We haven't exactly talked about what happened," Miza said, choosing his words carefully. "You know how Jerecho wasn't fond of me, correct?" He raised an eyebrow in question.

I hesitated but nodded. "Yes," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "I know that Jerecho wasn't fond of you."

Miza bit back a sigh before he cleared his throat and moved a hand through his hair and shook his head. "We can talk about it later," he said, and I bit back a small frown because I was curious. "Right now, I do believe it is best if we talk about the stuff that is going through your mind, Katie." He gave me a pointed look, and I pursed my lips in annoyance but stayed silent.