Chapter 1- Two Years Ago

A/N: So I was supposed to upload this chapter yesterday for someone's bday, but then life happened, so I decided to update it today while I have an hour before classes.

Anyway, I wish @lordsriracha a happy birthday (even though I am the better Sept 10th baby. ;) ) I hope you had a good one, and I am sorry that this is late.

~Rissa

Note: This happened last year, so... ya. I'm still the better Sept 10th baby, though. ;)

___________________________________________________________________________

I ran as fast as I could, following the path that was laid out for me. I had no idea where I was going or what was happening, but I saw these little blue lights, and the urge to follow them was strong.

There were times when they disappeared as if to signal me to eat, get some water, or sleep, and it normally annoyed me. However, I understood.

If Sky found out that I was not taking care of myself, she would find and take me back to the pack they resided in. And I did not want to go back. I did not want to see him again, not unless he could earn Sky's respect and change.

I huffed when the blue orb disappeared and stopped before I looked around to notice that it was getting dark. My stomach growled, and I groaned in annoyance because I knew that was the reason why the orb disappeared. I huffed again and shook my head, flicking my ears around, and listened to the sound of crickets chirping and the night creatures waking before they started to move about in hopes of finding something to fill their stomachs. You could have at least have shown me a place to stay tonight, I grumbled, still following the path that I was on, not knowing what to do.

A blue light flickered to the left of my peripheral vision, and I stopped and looked that way. The blue light stopped before it flickered again, and I knew that it wanted me to follow, so I did. It kept flickering in and out, moving closer and closer to the sound of a bubbling something before it disappeared completely when I stepped into a clearing.

I looked around and noticed the beauty of the place and took in a deep breath, shocked and in awe.

The setting sun glistened across the small lake that was fed by a river, and the water looked like crystals, sparkling and shimmering. The sun peeked through the trees, and some of the light seemed to get smaller and smaller until it pointed to a "small" waterfall that stood about seven feet, two feet taller than my wolf form.

Hesitantly, I lowered my head and took a step forward, and laid my ears closer to my head. I hated water; I was afraid of it, at least the standing types like this after I was almost drowned multiple times.

Taking a deep breath, I hesitantly placed one paw onto the water and didn't sink. Huh? I asked, furrowing my brows and looking at the water. What the hell?

Slowly, I started to walk forward until all four paws were on the water and stopped. Lowering my head further, I touched my nose to the surface, and it felt like glass, cool to the touch and didn't ripple like I thought it would.

I can walk on water.

But how?

Was I dead? Was that why I could walk on water?

I bit back a snort and shook my head because I knew that I wasn't dead, not yet. Cautiously, I walked forward and looked this way and that. I had no idea what was happening and didn't want to wait long to find out.

The waterfall grew closer and closer until I was near it, and I took a deep breath and plunged headfirst until I was on the other side, not wet.

What the hell? I thought, looking back at the waterfall. I furrowed my brows, turned around, and stuck my nose in the water, only for it to get wet.

Jerking backward, I stumbled over my feet and landed on my ass. I grunted and scrambled to my feet before I backed away from the waterfall.

Am I to sleep here for tonight?

The waterfall seemed to hear my question and gushed more water into the lake, answering my question. It blocked my view of the outside world, and I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips.

Fine.

I shifted into my human form and sighed, looking around. I noticed that it was warm as if heat emitted from the rock itself, and I felt comfortable, not too cold and not too hot.

Taking off the bag, I set it down before I sat down and started to get what I need to start a fire, food, and the sleeping bag that Sky had stored before she had given it to me.

I made sure not to let my thoughts wander. I couldn't. I didn't know what the future held, but I prayed that I would be accepted for being a Rogue.

It wasn't my choice in the first place, and I had no idea why Be-

Quickly, I shook my head until that thought disappeared. I would not think of him. I did not want to think of him, but I wondered if Luna knew why he had rejected me and if she had anything to do with it.

Again I shook my head and snorted. I didn't think she had anything to do with it or at least prayed that she didn't.

However, there was one small part of my brain that told me she had done it for whatever reason, and I wondered what that reason was. I knew that I couldn't question her, knowing that she had seen something, which was the reason why she had done it.

But I prayed, and I prayed that whatever was planned for me would help me feel included, somewhere, someway. I prayed that I would find another pack that would accept me for who I was and didn't think that anything was wrong with me because I was a Rogue.

And so, while I got ready to eat, I prayed and prayed that Luna would help me get what I wanted.

I prayed for a family and for a home that I could call my own. I prayed until I couldn't anymore, the trip taking its toll on my body.

So, while I got into the sleeping bag and while I started to drift off into nothingness, I heard one word, and that word was:

Soon...