// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part twenty-seven

»»——⍟——««

       There was only one day left until Bulma's birthday party. Everyone had been preparing in their own way. Bulma had rented a yacht where she would privately hold her party with all of her friends out on the ocean. Y/n and Goku were slowly making their way back to Capsule Corporation, Goku going out of his way to take his sweet, precious, private time with Y/n. Y/n was barely scraping by without sleep, as it had been forty-eight hours already. The effects were beginning to hit her like a train, with feelings of fatigue, weakness, and struggling to think. She pretended she was fine though, as she'd rather this and not dying in her sleep.

As for Gohan, he'd been split between his sense of right and wrong, knowing it wasn't right of him to make Y/n upset and jealous. But at the same time, he was angry with her, and felt it was the only proper revenge that he make her feel the same way. That petty revenge was what encouraged him to make his way to Videl's home, a large mansion in the middle of Satan City.

Gohan wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to see Videl, and he especially didn't want to see her father, considering she had sicced him on Gohan. Instead of using the front door, Gohan floated upward toward the balcony, hoping to find Videl's room. His eyes widened as he spotted Videl laying on her bed, reading a book. He was almost hesitant to knock on her glass door, but it had been too late to turn back as Videl glanced in his direction. She had to do a double take, eyes wide as she realized who was standing on her balcony.

"Gohan!" Videl exclaimed in pure joy as she pulled the sliding door open, running to engulf him in a hug. Gohan slid to the side, dodging her as he crossed his arms.

"Hold on, Videl, don't act like everything is all peachy!" He glared down at her. Videl grumbled in annoyance, standing up straight as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Fine. Why are you here then?" She asked. Gohan sighed, avoiding looking at her as he looked down to his feet.

"Erasa said I should check on you..." He muttered. Videl looked genuinely surprised at that. She had told Erasa to just mention that Videl wanted to see Gohan. But she didn't actually think Gohan would agree to it. It made her somewhat suspicious, knowing Gohan wasn't that forgiving.

"Is that really what you're here for? Would your girlfriend be okay with this?" Videl asked, curiously dropping the word "girlfriend" to see a reaction. Gohan bristled at her words, clenching his fists tightly as he took in a sharp breath.

"Y/n doesn't care, she isn't even around." Gohan said, confusing Videl. But before she could question it, Gohan continued. "Listen, Bulma is having a birthday party soon... You can come if you want, most of our friends have no idea what happened between us."

Gohan didn't want to just outright say that he wanted to use Videl to make Y/n jealous. Obviously she wouldn't agree to that. If he made it seem as though she was just invited like a normal guest, he could bring her, and show Y/n that he was fine without her... Even if he wasn't. Gohan was unable to think clearly through his jealousy, just more than anything wanting to get a message through to Y/n. What that message was, Gohan was unsure. He was just blindly mad.

"Seriously? You're fine with me going?" Videl asked, almost cautious about the whole thing. She knew something was up, especially when Gohan mentioned that Y/n wasn't around. "Why not bring your girlfriend instead? Don't tell me she already ran off with your dad?"