Chapter 2 - Part 7: Back to the Beginning

Tighnari POV

I... remember...

...everything.

"Where's Cyno?" it clicked, he was in so much danger. "I need to find him." 

"He's probably in his room."

"Let's go."

Cyno POV

In my room, on my phone, scrolling through my photos. Most of them were with Nari. If only I could turn back time, I would revisit all the scenes in those photos one by one.

A tear caressed my cheek as I thought of the countless times we had together. They were beautiful, yet... it seems like they're all gone. But, that's just more of a reason to find out what happened. 

The more about it, though, maybe Nari was right with what he said. Maybe I'm not supposed to know what happened. Maybe it's for the better. But I must bring this case to a close, justice always prevails in the end, at least that's what my dad always told me.

I contemplated on what route I should take until... I heard a peal of faint, maniacal laughter outside my window...

I woke up in what seemed to be a basement, filled with a network of wired devices. I tried to get up but I was tied up to a chair, typical kidnapping. I always had my bracelet on which had a bead that had a small yet sharp knife under it. But my bracelet was gone.

I looked up to see Dottore standing back facing me. I saw my bracelet in his hands. How did he know? I'm dealing with a criminal genius, of course, he did.

He turned back in my direction, "Oh, you're awake, just like my calculations said. In that case, we may begin..."

Tighnari POV

"Here we are," I thought as we stopped at the barbershop. "Tighnari, can we *pant* rest for a while *pant*?" Collei expressed. We did run all the way here, but I didn't feel tired. I couldn't afford to.

"You can stay here if you need, but I'm going," I clenched my fist. If Cyno gets hurt, I'd never forgive myself. "I'll go with you." I looked back to see Collei's determined face.

She was always shy, but now... "He's also my friend, you know?" 

"Very well then.

Welcome...

...to the place it all began."

---------------------------------------------------

A/N 

Welp, someone got kidnapped. But, does Dottore know that Tighnari's here? Or did he already predict it?