Chapter 2 - Part 9: Third Party

"...behind bars." The words left Tighnari's mouth as he held up his phone to show his call history. The faint sound of sirens slowly loudened as each moment passed.

"I think it's time this ended," he declared as observed Dottore's every move to make sure he didn't try anything. "Tch," Dottore exclaimed, "I can't believe what you're doing. What happened to the little fox I knew?" "You never deserved one, nor do you deserve one. What you do deserve is a lifetime trip to jail."

The cops broke down the door and rushed into the lab. A cop that had a dignified grey beard and hair that was almost white called out, "Cyno?" "Dad?" 

Dottore realized who they were immediately and made a last-ditch effort, "The COP, if you were to arrest me, I would like you to know that I have given your son a pill containing poison and the only way he's surviving right now is that I have been giving him antidote regularly. I am also the only one who knows-" "Oh, shut up," Tighnari interrupted, "He didn't do anything, I know him and he doesn't ever make any kind of an antidote. Just arrest him."

Just like that, Dottore was dragged into the police car in handcuffs and Tighnari saved Cyno. But someone was watching the scene unfold from the dark. A familiar grey-haired, turquoise-and-bronze-eyed, and quite silent 'scholar' was present and no one noticed.

A faint snicker echoed throughout the now-empty laboratory. 

"Let's see what else I can find here?"

---------------------------End of Chapter 2------------------------

A/N

Ok, I don't think I'll be writing Chapter 3 but I might. I kinda want this to link to other books I'll write so stay tuned to that. (Or is there already a book that this is linked to?????)

And yes, this kinda means this book is finished but maybe I'll continue this but I'll make a new book for that. Ik, I don't think I wrote much fluff in this book but I will make some short fluff chapters even though the book is complete. I might write an epilogue hmmm

But anyway, thank you for reading this far. I appreciate all my readers. And I do read comments I just don't reply to them bc idk what to say.