Interlude - Part 1: Club Stuff

Author: This is just a series of small stories, and won't be updated frequently. Just a heads up.

Tighnari POV

Ever since Dottore's been arrested, life has been great. Especially since I've gotten my memory back, and I actually knew the people in my class well. But that did mean that I don't have an excuse to get out of work in the club. Whatever. At least I've gotten closer to Cyno, he doesn't leave me alone unless he has to. Be it at school or in our dorm, he has to be right next to me. To be honest, I enjoy his warmth.

Today, I need to go to the club early. Apparently, there was something important being announced. As I walked towards the clubroom, I felt a pair of arms jump on my shoulder, causing me to stumble a bit. 

"C- Cyno!? I told you not to do that!" I puffed my mouth, acting angry.

"I just wanted to surprise you," he twiddled his fingers.

"I forgive you, but only if you-" I was cut off by him hugging me.

"I know what you were gonna say. Don't you have to go to the club right now, though?"

"Yep."

He grabbed my hand and opened his mouth, "Why don't I take you there~?"

"I- I can go there m- myself. Also never do that again!"

"But Nari~ why nooooooot~"

"Fine," I said, trying to hide my tail wagging.

Just like that, we were holding hands on our way to the clubroom, where everyone could see us. Archons, did he want everyone's eyes on us or what? I swear, I know he's my senior but he's kinda dumb sometimes.

While I was busy being very embarrassed, Cyno was smiling and holding his head up high. I was kinda jealous that he could act that confident. But deep down I wanted to check if he had hit his head a day or two ago.

After we reached the club, we parted ways with him giving me a small kiss on my cheek. I opened the door to the regular teases of me and Cyno, and I found a seat. I sat down as the club teacher came in.

"Welcome back, members of the Biology Club. Today we have a special announcement, from today onwards, you will be separated into groups for a project we have prepared. This project will go into your permanent record so do pay attention."

Well, what is it?

"But first let's go over the groups and who you'll be with for this..."

Great, you're stalling...

"...and does anyone need me to repeat your group?"

So, I'm with Diana, Alhaitham, and Collei.

"No one? Everyone find your partners and sit with them." 

After a while, I found Collei, Alhaitham, and Diana and we got seated at the same table.

"Alright, now we may proceed to the contents of this project..."

The teacher clapped his hands twice and the door opened as a man carrying different cages with animals inside.

"Now, each group will be given one of these animals to take care of. On school days, you may leave it in this classroom and let all your group members take care of it together. When school ends, one person is to bring the animal home. The same goes for weekends and holidays. I must remind you, you are dealing with a life here, so if anything happens to the animal, it will come out of your pockets. Now, you may discuss with your groupmates and pick an animal."

"So, any animals in mind?" I start the discussion. "I think the simplest suggestions are either a cat or a dog," Alhaitham suggested. "How 'bout we go with a... cat?" Collei said. "Fine by me," Diana said. "Well, since basically everyone said a cat, I guess that's what we're going with."

The bell rang and Alhaitham left as Diana followed him. And I was there holding the cage. Being nice, I offered to take care of the cat for the day. I left the cage there until recess when I brought Cyno to check out the cat.

"It's so cute, can I come over to your house after school?"

"You don't trust me with a cat?"

"I just wanna see the two cuties that'll be there~"

"I said don't do that!" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Ok nvm I did make an interlude. I just wanted to. But I won't try to think of ideas to write this, it'll be more like random inspiration writing for this so this won't be frequently updated.