Chapter Six

Pushing the woman's head into the folds of the mattress while his weight pinned the rest of her down, Dorin pumped his hips several times into her and before long he unravelled, grunting and twitching as he climaxed.

Once he was done, he picked himself off of the woman's back, pushing her aside with little effort. With a sudden clarity flooding his mind, he climbed out of the bed, strutting over to where he'd hung his silk robe. He threw the garment over his body, covering his toned figure.

The dark-haired human he'd moments ago pleasured himself with turned to her side, curling her hands beneath her cheek to lift her face high enough off the bed so she could observe the panting man. He was very handsome— his hair was a light brown, falling over his forehead reaching his thick eyebrows in loose curls. His eyes when it wasn't shining were grey with flakes of brown in between.

In addition to his physical beauty, Dorin carried himself very well. His physique was fit and he was always well groomed, which often left all the women he'd been with in the past questioning his sexuality for he was obsessed with his appearance far more than any straight man they knew.

“Here I was thinking a beast like you could go all night, my lord,”

Chuckling to himself, he replied after lighting up a cigar and taking several puffs from it. “Beast or human, no man in this world can go all night, sweetheart, especially with that prize between your legs,”

Amused, the woman cackled and usually, Dorin would've indulged in his women sharing his humour, but with so much on his mind, the woman's voice sounded grating as she laughed and laughed.

“Get out,” he spoke in between puffing his cigar. His request perplexed the woman. “What?” she questioned, wondering why the sudden change of mood.

“You heard, leave. I paid you, and I paid you well. I will send for you when I need you again,”

“Are you serious?” the dark-haired woman questioned as she sat up in bed with a scowl.

Leave!” the acting marquess exclaimed. His fangs flashed in her face and although she'd been exposed to what the man was, even allowing him to feed from her once or twice in the past, the sight of the protruding teeth still didn't stop her from flinching.

Quickly she jumped out of bed, gathering up the sheet to use to contain her nakedness as she left the chamber to find another one to get dressed in.

As she ran out of the man's sight, she bumped into a lady she'd seen but only in glimpses. From what she'd been told by the other women the marquess slept with and the humans who lived and worked in the castle, the mysterious woman with the dark aura was his mother.

“Pardon me,” the frantic courtesan said, avoiding eye contact and was gone from the older woman's sight in a flash.

Sauntering into her son's chamber, an amalgamation of curiosity and disappointment written on her face, Lady Inaya came upon him as he frantically smoked the cigar, its thick smoke curdled, choking the room.

“I reckon her escape still weighs heavily on your mind,” the older vampire's voice rang out inciting Dorin to flinch. He was so deep in his thoughts that he did not hear her presence.

“As it should be,” his mother then followed up with when she saw noted the worry in his being.

Frowning at her familiar face and scathingly sharp tone, the man continued to numbly smoke. “We searched the area where we last saw her, it turned up empty. There was no trace of her there, not even her scent. The tree I remembered vividly falling with her, do you know what happened to it, hmm?” questioned the marquess and his tone of voice made his mother arch a perfect brow.