Chapter Twenty- Five

"It's so beautiful here," shared Nadja as her gaze panned out of the giant window. The castle which sat several stories high was truly one of a kind with its grand halls, beautifully spiralling staircases, imported art and furniture. Where it was built seemed to be calculated as well for where the princess stood she could see Obscure's market square and all the homes and other important infrastructure positioned around the town itself.

While Nadja continued eyeballing the wonderful scenery, Sylvia sauntered over and placed her hands around her waist, pulling her into her body and nuzzling her face deep into the crook of her neck where she inhaled deeply, basking in the familiar scent of mixed spice and her natural odour.

"I'd like to think it's why Mugur loved bringing his concubines here, it was the only thing he owned that could impress them," spoke Lady Estermore causing a fit of laughter to erupt from Nadja.

"You say such mean things about that man but I'm sure he brought them here for other reasons too,"

"Of course he did," Sylvia mumbled all while her lips trailed against the exposed skin at Nadja's neck. "I'm certain you will find that in the coming hours, you and I would've shared a few things in common with this place as with my late husband,"

Nadja hummed at the soft trailing of Sylvia's lips against her skin. For an instant, her eyes slipped shut and she leaned further into her, feeling the softness of her breasts as they pressed into her back.

"It's a shame though," drawled Nadja.

"What is?"

"That you want to send me away from such a beautiful place. We could make sweet memories here, everlasting memories,"

Unfazed by those words, Sylvia continued her gentle caresses. A lone hand trailed its way you Nadja's arm, the back of her fingers brushed against soft skin and did so until they cupped themselves around a breast. "Should I not, send you away that is?"

"You're allowed but still, I am saddened and afraid at the thought of leaving you now, especially with what I've learned."

A glimpse of worry slipped passed a crack in Nadja's disposition. What her lover had told her about the ordeal between man the who visited them and the woman called Ana was very troubling, especially now that they'd been caught in the middle it seemed.

"Hmm," Sylvia hummed. Her senses were heightened at that moment and she didn't hear a word of what her love uttered. She wanted desperately to rip the clothes off her woman's body and make passionate love where they stood but she hesitated, somehow she was not relaxed enough to do so.

"I've been thinking about that, sending you back to Painite or away from here at least. Although it may seem the best thing to do given our circumstances, I find that having you remain at my side is safer. The men we know cannot be trusted, especially the men in your life. I'd hate to send you home and have your father marry you off or restrict you from ever coming back here,"

The younger vampire took that moment to turn around. A giant grin plastered on her face and Sylvia couldn't help but admire the way her perfect teeth and lips, eyes and cheeks were.

"You've decided to let me stay, but why? You'd think amid what's going on you'd be firm about that,"

"I'm a resourceful woman, a careful woman. I wouldn't have you stay with me if I wasn't sure of your safety. In all of Ashea and even Painite given that the bastard Dorin now knows of our relationship and your identity, and given your father's persistence in auctioning you off to the highest bidder, this castle is the safest place for you,"

"Why, I thought it would've been the opposite," said Nadja. "How are you going to pull that off, won't Dorin find us here and with ease?"

"Just you wait and see," replied Sylvia. "That snake of a man would not be able to smell our farts let alone lay a hand on either of us. But before I go around putting everything into place, we must have a bit of fun, don't you think?"