Chapter Thirteen

"You look confused, do you need me to elaborate on how such relations work?" Questioned Anastasia, alluding to what she did with the men's wives. She asked intentionally, watching as Emese's reaction was nothing short of amusing.

Turning her face away, the brunette blushed at the suggestive response the vampire gave her. She wasn't completely unaware of how certain encounters worked but she also didn't know too much either.

"That's alright," the woman replied to her guest to which Anastasía chuckled at the nervousness she smelled coming from her.

"I must admit, I never expected a woman as yourself to be familiar with such unholy ways,"

"Unholy to whose standard exactly?" Emese quipped earning a look of admiration from the mystifying presence across from her. 

"Isn't this Mother of yours whom you worship against certain relations like every other rigid god in this universe?"

"No. Teachings from Ehia do not prosecute nor condemn inclination. Remember she is the mother of nature and in nature, well, love, attraction and—" Emese paused. She was going to say copulation but was too ashamed to mention it.

"Go on," said Ana causing Emese to blush yet again.

Once more the brunette took up her wine and drank. "Those are all natural parts of life and whomever one chooses to love is accepted, condemning it would be speaking against nature. It doesn't go to say that there aren't extremists in my religion who speak against people like you and the lives they live, but they are so little that their voices do not impact anything really,"

"I suppose that's lovely,"

"It is and to answer your initial question I'm not familiar with sapphic relations, but aware," The woman, after uttering those words was embarrassed at herself. She wondered why she needed to explain her answer, it only made her seem naive.

"Ah, I stand corrected then,"

Emese contemplated whether or not she should entertain a conversation of that sort with her guest but she wasn't one to shy away from much even if it was lewd or outside of her experiences. Also, there was something about the woman that drew her in and every second they sat there facing each other, she felt as if she drifted across still water to this shore that although filled with an aura of peril was somehow equally welcoming and innocuous.

Taking a careful sip from her wine, Anastasía subtly twirled the red substance around as she studied her hostess. The contents swirled like a tiny, watery tornado, never a drop had spilt from the cup even as she stopped twirling.

"In Emera, laws were put in place to hinder people like yourself from committing the act," Emese inevitably shared and the vampire quirked a brow at the unexpected fact.

"Is that so?"

"Mhm. The only people who don't condemn it are mostly followers of the Mother but against the majority our voice is insignificant. With that said, you could imagine my surprise when I learned that Asheans are so causal about their indulgence with homoerotic relations."

"We have our royal family to thank for that," retorted the slender woman. "A few prominent figures within their bloodline were or are a part of that society," she added.

"Really?" Emese questioned, intrigue tingling up the spirals of her mind like wild vines.

"Yes, of course. Have you never heard?"

"I heard plenty of rumours but never that,"

Placing her cup down, Anastasía leaned even closer to her hostess, enough where she saw the veins in her neck bulge and swell as blood pumped through them. The sound of this blood rushing to her heart caused a reaction, again her pupils dilated, appearing as big as the moon in her eyes. Her senses dulled as she sat there intoxicated not by the wine but by the musk that drifted from the woman in her wake.