Prologue

It is October 1984, after Curt was released from the hospital on supplemental oxygen. Dr Richards was arrested though he escaped jail and Tony had supposedly died in the hospital when in reality, he fell into a coma. "Now let's bring that patient to the morgue with the iron lungs," Dr Edwards said. "What the heck, Rachel? You are not bringing that poor kid there," Dr Hayley said. "Or what? What about Scotland?" Dr Edwards asked. "That's where my dad's from," Dr Hayley said. "I know Anne, and we're gonna look after him from there," Dr Edwards said. "You can't do that, he's an alien hybrid, you gotta let me take care of him, I know more about alien hybrids than anyone in this hospital," Dr Hayley said. "Just because you're the daughter of Dr Arthur Hayley, doesn't mean you have to select and choose your patients," Dr Edwards said, entering Tony's room.

Dr Hayley watched in horror as Tony's nasal cannula was taken off and was replaced by an endotracheal tube. Dr Edwards was practically saving his life until Dr Hayley realised he was being put on sedatives. She knew sedatives would make his immune system go haywire. "I gotta do something, but I don't know how," Dr Hayley said to herself. Soon Tony was then wheeled out of his room and on the way to Scotland. "Anne, you can't just stand there and do nothing, you gotta do something to save the kid," a male American doctor said. "How? Who are you?" Dr Hayley asked as she turned around. The doctor had reddish-brown hair and blue eyes, almost close to Dr Hayley's green eyes. "I'm Dr Aiden O'Connor, of the A&E department, I was supposed to come up to you to ask for help since you're one of the best doctors," Dr O'Connor said.

"Of course, but that kid," Dr Hayley said, still focusing on Tony. "You can save that for later, for now, I need you to help me with something," Dr O'Connor said. Dr Hayley looked back at the hospital room once occupied by Tony. She then nodded and followed Dr O'Connor to the A&E ward.