Chapter 5: Through The Barricades

The Wild Boys and their doctors had just come out of the basement lab. Now, they're back in the forest and it is sunset in Aberdeen. "Wow, I haven't seen the sun in a while," Dr Chen said. "Nick, how many days have we been down there?" Dr O'Connor asked. "5 days, it's now the 10th of February, as you can see here, we arrived here on the 5th, today is the 10th," Nick said. "Wow, I didn't know you became an inventor," Tony said. "Gotta love the engineering club, it's a hobby while John gets sick all the time," Nick said. "Where are we going now?" Bono asked. "Back to the bus, we gotta go to the nearest hotel from here," Dr Hayley said. "Let me guess, the one we went to for camp?" Curt asked. "Yup, same one, also where you found Andy," Alex said.

"You were trapped in a hotel room?" Bono asked. "No, there was a lab under the hotel room which exploded and made Curt deaf, luckily I managed to save everyone and killed one of the bad doctors," Andy said. The Wild Boys and their doctors went back to their bus and headed to the hotel. "That must be the same hotel you guys camped in, right?" Kim asked. "Yeah," Curt confirmed. "Why did I miss out?" Tony asked. "Tony, you were in a coma," Paul said. "We might have a summer camp probably several months after this, I heard we're going to Wales," Curt said. "Wales sounds nice," Kate said. The bus arrived at the hotel and everyone hopped off. "This hotel looks old-fashioned," Richard said. "I mean, everything in the UK is old-fashioned," Paul said.

Everyone hopped off and the Wild Boys were hanging out in the lobby, trying to think about who will be roommates with whom. "So all of the couples will be together, what about Tony, Bono and Kim?" Paul asked. "Good question," Kim said. "I think Bono and I will share rooms and Kim will be with the other ladies," Tony said, gesturing to Kate and Maddy. "She can stay with us," Maddy said. "Alright, now that it's settled," Paul said. "But what if we want to hang out?" Bryan asked. "Good question," Paul said. "Maybe just wait for each other here before we eat breakfast," Martin suggested. "That sounds like a good idea," Marc said. "So, movie night later at Curt and I's room?" Roland asked. "What movie?" Bono asked. "Well, there's Alien, Tron, James Bond, Star Wars, ET the Extraterrestrial and more," Roland said.

"I'd rather watch The Karate Kid or Footloose," Curt said. "Hey, I heard they'll release The Breakfast Club here around June, wanna watch it during the summer break?" Maddy asked. "What's it about?" Tony asked. "About a group of misfits who were in detention, outwards they have nothing in common but inwards, they do," Jon explained. "That's just like us," Curt said. "Yeah, we're all a group of misfits, what matters more is our bond," George said. "Why did you label ourselves misfits?" Kim asked. "It might be crazy but the original members here met in therapy, and we have since expanded," Fletch said. "I remembered, looking back now, I'm starting to regret my actions badly, can't believe I actually became a misfit," Tony said.

"And as the book of Luke and Matthew said, 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you,'" Bono said. "It's a bit like karma actually, except that I don't think any one of us believes in karma," George said. "I don't think so," Curt said. "Kids, you guys have to sleep over in one room," Dr O'Connor said. "Does that mean we're all going to camp out in one room?" Richard asked excitedly. "Yes," everyone said in unison. "Oh boy," Richard excitedly said. The Wild Boys reached the room, it used to be Roland and Curt's room. "Oh, this used to be our room," Curt said. "I know," Roland said. "Okay, we're either going to squeeze ourselves in one bed or sleep on the floor," Andy excitedly said. "Andy, there's another bed," Nick pointed out. "Great," Andy said, immediately going up to the other bed.

"I didn't know there were two king-sized beds in this room," Curt said. "Anyways," Roland said. Everyone washed up and got changed into their pajamas (some Wild Boys used the bathrooms in the halls) before they gathered in the room to watch a movie. "Did you guys use the hallway bathrooms we didn't know existed?" Dave asked. "Yeah, especially because some of us take long showers and the fact there are 3 girls here," Chris said. "Yeah," Kate said. "Well, now that you're here, let's watch a movie," Bono said. Roland took out the VHS and played Alien. "I always knew you guys like sci-fi but I never knew how interesting it was," Tony said. "It's something we can all relate to because we're aliens," Simon said. "But the alien in that film is a bad guy, ET the Extraterrestrial is where the alien is a good guy," Nick said.