Chapter 1: Get The Balance Right!

It's been a few days since Bryan was released from the hospital and he has been managing his diabetes quite well. "Another day, another school day I suppose," Kim said as she went down to the common room to meet up with the other Wild Boys that morning. "Unless something crazy will happen today," Simon said. "Nothing as crazy as blood gushing out of you," Kim said. "So, how's your diabetes?" Richard asked. "I've been able to manage it and I did as Nick told me to," Bryan said. "That's not from me, that's from Dr Hayley," Nick said as he ate his cereal. "Are you gonna be on oxygen today?" Jon asked. "Not really, I'll only use it whenever I get poorly," Bryan said. "Okay, but I'll still bring your oxygen tank in case you need it," Jon said. The Wild Boys were about to go to their classes until Dr Hayley came.

"Oh, Dr Hayley, what are you doing here?" Curt asked. "I managed to get you guys on leave for a bit, you have a mission to go back to Scotland to save Tony, you know, Operation Tony?" Dr Hayley said, reminding the Wild Boys of the mission they discussed while Bryan was in the hospital. "Oh yeah, we almost forgot about it the past few days, we've been dealing with a lot of school work," Andy said. "Glad I got you guys back, but before we proceed with the mission, is Bryan okay?" Dr Hayley asked. "Yeah, I'm alright, and I've also been handling my diabetes well," Bryan said. "Okay, so the bus should be here in half an hour and I also told Mr Harrison about your absence, so you guys have to pack a few things because we might have to stay there a few days," Dr Hayley said before she left.

"Okay, we better start packing up then," Paul said. The Wild Boys nodded and grabbed their backpacks and packed some snacks, extra clothes, medicines for the chronically ill ones, extra formulated food and extra tanks. "Are you sure you need an extra tank?" Roland asked. "Yeah, I'm on oxygen all the time, and I also need extra tubings as well," Curt said after he finished packing. Both Roland and Curt then met up with the other Wild Boys in the common room where Andy and Nick were playing Space Invaders together. "Okay, is everyone ready to go?" Kim asked. "No, John and Jim aren't ready yet," Andy said while trying to beat Nick in Space Invaders. Then, Jim and John arrived with their bags, already packed up. "Okay, so what now?" John asked.

"The bus isn't here yet so we'll just wait a bit," Marc said. The Wild Boys waited for a while until Dr Hayley returned. "Oh, you guys are ready, right?" Dr Hayley asked. "Yup, we're all ready," Simon said. "Okay, now that we're ready, the bus has arrived so let's go," Dr Hayley said. The Wild Boys followed her to the bus where they met up with Dr O'Connor, Dr Mills and Alex. It felt weird seeing Dr Mills in casual clothes while the Wild Boys had already seen Dr O'Connor and Alex in casual clothes, except for Bono, Marc and Kim. "Wow, it feels weird to see our doctors wear normal clothes," Bono said. "I mean, it shows how human they are," Paul said. "Alright, now that we're ready, we're going to ride this bus to Scotland," Dr Hayley said. Nick then took out his GPS to see how long it would take to go to Scotland.

"It should take about 9 hours to get there if we don't bump into traffic," Nick said. "That means we can also stop somewhere for lunch," Alex said. "That's great, not to mention, you guys can sleep if you want," Dr Hayley said. "Alright, let's do this, guys," Simon said. The Wild Boys hopped into the bus and are now on the way to Scotland. "Since I haven't been out of England before, what is Scotland like?" Marc asked. "You haven't camped with us?" Maddy asked. "Apparently, us upper sixth forms weren't available, we had to prepare for exams at the time," Kim said. "Oh yeah, that makes sense," Simon said. "But I did go to Scotland but on a different team, didn't tell anyone about my powers," Bono said. "So do I, nor did I talk about my lupus," Richard said.

"Seems like the Wild Boys who joined us after our Scotland adventures were in different teams before joining us," John said. "Does that mean Morrissey didn't join us as well?" Nick asked. "Yup," Paul said. "We would all be in trouble if he were," George said. The Wild Boys then fell asleep when the bus had just left Basildon. Curt woke up in cold sweat after a nightmare, he then looked out the window, the bus is no longer in Essex right now. "Curt, you alright?" John asked. "It was nothing, I just forgot to take my OCD meds," Curt said. "Oh, okay, just make sure you take them, okay? I have dream telepathy and I can read out your dreams even by dreaming," John said. Curt nodded and just relaxed on his seat, putting his head on Roland's shoulder.