The Swamp

Perrito, Puss and Kitty are struggling through a boggy terrain. The grass is thick and there are trees everywhere. There isn't a set path.

Perrito : Are we close? This marsh looks like it could get deep. I don't think I can go much further...
(looks down - his feet and knees are covered)

Puss : Eh, you'll be fine. If not we'll carry you. It can't be too far anyway...

Perrito : You'd do that for me? You're such a good friend!

Puss : No, I'll let Kitty handle it. I've gotta defend in case we get ambushed again.

Kitty : What? Don't think you can take care of Perrito at the same time? He's only small - he won't get in the way.

Puss : It's not that I can't. It's that you would do a better job.

Kitty : At carrying that??
(Gestures to Perrito. However, he isn't there)

Puss : Carry what? There's nothing there!

Kitty : Huh? Don't joke with-

Puss : What have you done with him?

Kitty : What have I done? What have you done?

The two begin to panic, looking around desperately to find Perrito. Puss' hat is pushed back.

Puss : Stop that!
(steps back, off balance)

Gingy jumps out from underneath Puss hat, knocking it off his head

Gingy : Quick! Your dog tripped! And then he sank because he's so small.
(laughs and points)

Puss : Ah!! Oh uh..Gingy. Why are you sneaking up on us?? And why were you in my hat?
(Puss picks up his hat, in a grump. He then joins Kitty, trying to find Perrito)

Donkey runs to them, from the woods. He looks panicked.

Donkey : Puss! What are you doing?? A dangerous bog snake monster has taken over the swamp! You need to get away, quickly!

Puss : Donkey?! What monster?? We need to find Perrito!
(panics starts running from place to place, calling Perrito's name)
Perrito! Here boy! Come here!

Puss hears a voice calling from the woods. He runs to it.

Perrito : Puss! Puss, help! The monster got me...I'm a gonner Puss!

Puss : Perrito...

Perrito : Puss! It's behind you! Run!!

Puss : Perrito..you never think negatively. I can't be fooled that easily.
(starts to turn around)
You nearly tricked me, though.
(draws sword)

Shrek jumps out and roars at Puss. Puss gently shows him his sword. They both laugh.

Puss : Kitty; come on! This is the señor I told you about.

Kitty catches up with them, Donkey clumsily following.

Kitty : An Ogre? We're staying with an ogre??

Shrek : Staying? I thought you were just passing by.

Puss : No, er-

Shrek : Stop lying. You were planning to stay.

Perrito : Puss...
(looks up)
Please convince him.

Donkey : You're dog is so cute.

Shrek : Donkae.

Donkey : But that won't fool me and Shrek! We know that's a fake smile!

Perrito leans his head slightly, his tongue out.

Kitty : At least keep us around for merienda. We haven't eaten all day,

Shrek : I have 3 pre-teen ogres to feed. You think I can afford to put more food on the table?

Puss : We can pay you.

(offers a bag of money which was hidden in his boot)

Shrek: Still no. Come on Donkae.

Donkey and Shrek leave. Puss glances to Kitty, who nods, and then to Perrito. Donkey is quietly following Shrek, who is complaining.

Shrek : He really offered Spanish money? When he knows I don't use it?

Donkey : We don't use money. Not like an ogre can go to the shops and say "I want some bread, thanks". No! You would have a hundred bounty hunters after you!

Shrek : I get it Donkae. We get our food from scared travellers. They don't need to know that.

Puss and Kitty sneak behind, darting behind tree to tree. Perrito follows behind, but less elegantly. Donkey turns around and they hide behind a large trunked tree.

Shrek : Maybe if it was just Puss, but now there's three of them! They'll have no respect if they're anything like him.

Donkey : They aren't that bad. They're small - that dog is the size of a rat! He won't take up any space.

Kitty looks at Donkey, and then at Perrito. Perrito is smiling happily, not realising the insult. Puss signals them to pay attention, so they wouldn't get spotted. Donkey and Shrek arrive at their house.

Shrek : Fiona, we're back!

Fiona : Where's Puss? Donkey said he was coming.

Puss runs up from behind them.

Puss : I am here!

Shrek : When did you get here? Were you following us?

Puss : No! No, not at all. Ask Perrito, he wouldn't lie.

Puss gently pushes Perrito in front of him. Perrito looks at Puss and then at Shrek, confused.

Puss : He's just a little cansado, get what I mean?

Shrek : Don't try it.

Shrek and Donkey go inside.

Puss : Huh, what? Donkey is allowed in and not us?

Shrek : Speaking of that, Donkae, looks like your stay is over. You know our rules.

Donkey : What rules? You're just saying this because Puss is here, aren't you?!

Shrek : No.
(kicks Donkey out and closes the door)

Donkey : Look where you've got me! Now we're both stuck outside. In the cold...and the dark...

Kitty : Don't try it. We're masters at the 'cuteness technique'. Besides, I prepared for this. I asked the 'big bad' Wolf and the 3 little pigs to get food, water and more importantly, a tent in case it rains.

Perrito : Woah, Kitty, you're so smart!

Puss : We are not staying with Donkey. We should just head back to Far, Far Away. It won't be far.

Kitty : Puss, stop being stubborn. He can't be that bad.

Puss : Fine! But do not blame me when you're unable to sleep!

Author's note: Sorry for the lack of action here, I want to keep each part about 5 minutes of animation long. Besides, action after action would get tiring - I need a break, and so does Puss.

Part 3 is planned to include: Puss, Kitty, Perrito (ofc they're the protags), Donkey, Shrek, Fiona, the ogre kids (too lazy to list them off), Casimiro and the Ethical Bug. We currently need VAs for Donkey, Fiona and the kids, so DM if interested. (Wattpad does have that right? I've seen ppl say 'DM me if you have suggestions' so ig so)