The Gatito Pendant

Puss wakes up to the sound of crying in the distance. Once his ears attune, he jumps up sharply. Donkey reacts just a second later.

Puss and Donkey : The kids!

They run to the swamp house. The door has been knocked over. Shrek is slowly waking up.

Shrek : What're you 3 doing, making a racket this early..?
(looks up)
Puss?? Donkae?? Why are you two in my house??

Puss : Apologies, your door had been knocked down, and as we can hear, your children are crying, probably scared. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have reason to believe you've been robbed, and am going to investigate.

Shrek : I would know if my own house had been robbed!

Puss ignores Shrek and runs to where the kids sleep. He finds the scenery undisturbed.

Puss : Interesting... the thief left no tracks - except for the door. He must be outside!
(runs back outside)

Shrek looks at Donkey and shrugs. He picks up the door, and puts it back in place.

Puss : Kitty! Wake up, let's go.

Kitty : (from up in a tree)
What took you so long? Casimiro's getting away.

Puss smiles slightly, before catching up with Kitty (while staying on the ground). They run until they see fresh pawprints.

Puss : He came this way.
(mutters)
Got you now..

Kitty stays back, and Puss runs ahead. He sees a grey shadow darting in front of him. It jumps up and into the trees. Puss knows this is his chance to trick Casimiro. He stops in an opening to 'catch his breath'.

— — — —

Casimiro : What a fool... he really shouldn't leave himself open like that. Not much of a legend.

The Ethical bug is sitting on his hat. He now flutters to Casimiro's shoulder...

Ethical Bug : You're going to Ambush him? Isn't that a little mean? Maybe you should talk to him instead?

Casimiro : Quiet down, insect. You're gonna blow my cover. Besides, I'm only getting revenge for when he humiliated me.

Ethical Bug : Revenge is rarely the right path. Revenge leads to anger, and anger leads to death, and death leads to... people like Big Jack Horner.

Casimiro ignores him and jumps down. Puss turns around, hearing the gentle thud of footsteps.

Puss : Casimiro. Stealing, again? I thought you would have changed..

Casimiro : Look, this isn't personal. I actually have respect for people like you. You're a legend, yet you stay noble and modest. But, if you're gonna get in the way of my job - to steal the 9 pendants - then I'll have to get you out of the way, first.

Puss : The 9 pendants..? A present for your mama? How low are you?

Casimiro : So, you haven't heard of them.
(waves a bronze pendant in front of him)
This is the Gatito Pendant. You've probably seen it before, although never recognised it for what it was.

Puss : (slightly shocked. The pendant was an old cape clasp, that he must have left at The Swamp)

Casimiro : The pendant holds unimaginable power - the only catch is that you must already wield magic to use that power. For you and me, it would be effectively useless.

Puss : Then why would you need it?
(draws sword)
Unless...you were hired! And whoever hired you was probably an extremely powerful mage.

Casimiro : (draws sword)
You catch on quickly. But don't try taking this from me. Then, you'll become His target, too.

Ethical Bug : (flies in front of Casimiro)
Now, let's think this through, do you really want to use violence as an answer? As I previously said, talking it out is a much better-

Puss and Casimiro : No!

Puss and Casimiro charge towards each other, both with a flurry of attacks. Puss notices that Casimiro is much stronger, and is beginning to push him back.

Puss : (thinks)  His power  has grown...                                                                                                                       I won't be able to hold him long.

Casimiro : What's wrong? Has the legend had enough?

Puss : Not to the likes of you. Pray from mercy from.. Puss in Boots!!

Casimiro : How about.. no!                                                                                                                                                 (kicks Puss, sending him into a tree)

— — — —

Kitty sees Puss sent flying through the air. He tries to grab onto the branch, but begins to slip.

Puss : Hey, uh..Kittyy. Would you help me up..?

Kitty : You're asking me for help? Again?

Puss : I guess I am..

Kitty : It's an honour.
(smiles and helps Puss up)
Now, let's go take this guy down.

Puss nods. They jump down, and Puss swiftly picks up his lost sword.

Puss : Casimiro, I warned you! Now, you're gonna give that pendant back. Or else!

Puss and Kitty show their swords. Casimiro grins slightly.

Casimiro : You'll have to catch me first! After all I am, Sombra Gris, the grey shadow! Adios, gatitos!
(runs off, sheathing his sword)

— — — —

Puss and Kitty have just arrived back at their tent in the swamp. Perrito is chasing Donkey's tail.

Donkey : You two are back. So, did you find the robber? Did you??

Puss : Yeah.. we be leaving soon, though.

Donkey : How dare he steal from my buddy Shrek! That guy is gonna pay for that!

Kitty : We're glad to see that you're looking after your friend, but we've really got to go. So if you want.. you can come with. Or you can stay here.

Donkey : You're inviting me to go on an adventure with you and Puss??

Kitty : Yeah, guess we are.

Puss : (with a folded up tent in one hand and Perrito in another)
Now, time to go.
(runs off, leaving Donkey and Kitty to catch up.)