A Shifting Help

Puss stamps the ground in frustration. Him, Kitty, Perrito, Donkey, the 3 pigs, Gingy, Pinnochio and the wolf are just outside Farquard's abandoned castle. It is getting late, and they have just set up a campfire.

Puss : ¡Es estúpido! ¡Parecíamos idiotas por ahí! Now Casimiro has at least 2 pendants, and we were unable to stop him! ¡Estúpido!

Perrito : Puss, calm down...

Kitty : Yeah, otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Puss : How? We do not even know where they are now! They could be heading far, far away! And I don't mean where we just came from!

Kitty : Well, do we know anything about the 9 pendants?
turns to the fairytale creatures)
Anyone??

Pig 3 : We don't know anything!

Pinnochio : Yeah, and we uh.. need to go.. and uh... well

Pig 1 : Check on Shrek! You said that guy stole from him - we should go look after him!

Donkey : Well we know you're lying now! Shrek doesn't need help from anyone!

Puss : Go, if you want. We won't stop you returning to your home - wherever that is now.
(sighs)
This is gonna get dangerous, anyway.

The fairytale creatures shrug and begin to leave.

Donkey : You seem different, Puss. And much more tensed - how about a massage? Ooh, we could go for a spa day!

Puss : No! No, that's fine. Donkey, it has been 10 years; a lot can happen in that time. Now,if you don't mind, I am going, to get some air that doesn't smell like Donkey, and to rethink our plans. I'll be back in a few hours.
(leaves)

__ __ __

Puss is sat under a tree, watching the small stream in front of him. It was too shallow for fish, which was good, as he would probably chase any fish he saw. Puss hears the familiar, gentle steps of boots; he doesn't bother turning  around - he already knows that its Kitty.

Kitty : Puss,

Kitty sits down. Puss feels a large shadow next to him. His fur fluffs up in fear.

Puss : You are not Kitty...so do not bother keeping up the act!
(rests hand on sword, on edge and ready to spring up to fight. Turns to face them)

Puss looks up and sees a man. He cannot tell what his age is, but he seems in his mid twenties. The man smiles, with a slight embarrassment.

Man : Sorry 'bout that. You seemed lost in thought - I wanted to get your attention. Name's Alejandro, by the way.

Puss : Alright...Alejandro...

Alejandro : You're trying to stop Casimiro - and his boss, Riesgo - stealing all 9 pendants. I am their original hider. I can help you.

Puss : (eyes widen slightly)
So, you know where they all are...

Alejandro : Correct. All 7 that remain hidden.

Puss : And you will help us? For free? I don't trust you.

Alejandro : That's fair. But, I'm willing to help you. Otherwise, Riesgo will collect all 9 pendants... and unlock unimaginable power. And since you've messed with him, he'll be after you.

Puss : And what is this unimaginable power?

Alejandro : It's powerful enough to give you your lives back. And Kitty's. You two - and Perrito - could go on adventuring forever. Although, I'm not here to temp you with the riches, as good as they are.

Puss : Who told you about the lives??

Alejandro : Rumour spreads fast. And since you fought Death - well, you must be out of lives. I'm surprised that wolf let you live. Anyway, do you trust me yet, or not? My offer is still open.

Puss : I'll accept. But the trust of Puss in Boots has to be earned.

Alejandro : Great! Also, I have to apologise for not telling you yet, I'm a shapeshifter.

__ __ __

Puss returns to the campfire. Alejandro stays back in the shadows, waiting for the right time.

Kitty : You're back quick - it hasn't even been an hour. What, miss me or something?

Puss : I found someone who can help us.His name is Alejandro.
(pauses to let Alejandro step out.)

Alejandro : Hello.
(waves)

Puss : He knows where the pendants are hidden. And he can help us fight - he is a shapeshifter.

Kitty : I don't trust him.

Alejandro : That's why I'm gonna prove myself.

Perrito : Woah! What can you transform into? I've never met a shapeshifter before.

Alejandro : Anything - with enough studying. Usually I'll create my own versions of creatures, but after a while a can use real creatures for reference. Take Puss for example.
(transforms into Puss, quickly snatching his hat to complete the look.)

Perrito : That's amazing! You look great with the hat. All you need is Puss' boots and you couldn't tell the difference.

Kitty : Here.
(gives Alejandro Puss' boots)
I'm intrigued.

Puss : Huh? Hey, give those back!

Alejandro : (Tries on Puss' boots. mimics Puss)
"Hey, give those back!"
(normal voice)
Relax, not like I'm gonna keep them.
(takes of boots)

Puss : (takes boots and puts them on)
Gracias.
(snatches his hat back and puts it on. He straightens the feather)

Alejandro transforms back into his human form, with a sly smile. He sits down by the campfire, and pats Donkey on the head. Donkey steps away, slowly.

Alejandro : Also, are you fine with me being a human? Would an animal be better? How about a cat - or a dog, like Perrito there?

Puss : No, no. It's fine - really. Look it is getting late, and we should put out the fire. We can talk over plans tomorrow.

Alejandro : Alright. I- I won't take up your space. I'll just transform into a tortoise - or something - and sleep outside...

Puss looks confused - they all had to sleep outside, since they didn't have any tents. He assumed it was just Alejandro trying to earn their trust. He sits back, leaning on the wall of Farquard's castle and tries to get some rest. Perrito tries to help Kitty put out the fire. Puss slowly pulls down his hat, blocking out all outside distractions.