Somewhere to Go

Puss and Perrito were already awake, even though it was only just daybreak. Kitty and Alejandro were still asleep. Puss had his sword drawn, and was playfully pointing it at Perrito.

Puss : First, we'll do sword work. Almost everyone in Spain has a sword - and knows how to use it. So does Casimiro.

Perrito : (ears droop)
But, I don't wanna fight... Are you sure you need to teach me?

Puss : Aww, come on, you are gonna enjoy it!
(draws his gatito blade and passes it to Perrito)
Here, bite on the hilt, and use the blade to parry attacks. I will not hit you.

Perrito : (carefully bites one the blade's hilt)

Okay! I'm ready!

Puss : Just try not to talk too much - don't want you dropping it.

Perrito : Oki, doke.
(bites on the blade, tighter. Gives a slight growl)

Puss : That's the spirit! Now, Perrito, I'm going to start with some basic attacks. Parry them with your blade, and if you want try to push me back.
(draws his sword)

Puss gently knocks the gatito blade, and pushes Perrito back. He waits for Perrito to regain his ground, then hits again. This time, Perrito swings his blade at the same time, locking the two weapons together. He manages to hold in for a while, but then gets pushed back again.

Puss : (sheaths his sword, and stands on all fours. Perrito looks confused)
Stand like this - give yourself a wider posture, so I won't be able to knock you back as easy.
(stands back up and draws sword again)

Perrito nods, and copies the stance. Puss hits again, and Perrito swings the blade, while staying in the stance. He manages to stay locked with Puss' blade. Puss gives him a confident grin. Perrito tries to ignore it, and gives off a slight snarl.

Puss : Heh, great job. But, can you handle this?
(swipes away, and quickly swings back around)
Hah!

Perrito doesn't back down. He dodges the swing, and swipes at Puss (who jumps back, dodging the attack). He smiles proudly.

Puss : Bien. Now, let's get breakfast started, before Kitty wakes up.

Donkey : Already done!

Puss : Donkey! Stop doing that!

Donkey : Did you forget I was here? You did, didn't you? With that new Alejandro guy, you forgot aalll about Donkey. Typical. Well, I made eggs - to set the mood with you and Kitty. After all, that's the first meal Shrek and Fiona shared. Where is she, anyway?

Kitty : Right here. And don't try setting up anything romantic. You'll ruin it before anything could happen. Besides, we have a quest - Alejandro was up all night locating the closest pendant. It's called the shining pendant. Apparently, it's ability is 'light'.

Donkey : Well that was obvious. Where is Alejandro, anyway.
(Pauses)
He's right behind me, isn't he? Sneak up on the Donkey... I'm not that easily fooled!

Alejandro : I wasn't, but I couldn't help myself.
(pats Donkey on the head)
It amuses me how easily you're angered. And I don't have the location of just one pendant, I know where all of them are - well, the ones in this country at the very least. The rest are somewhere in Spain. But, I thought we should cross that bridge when we get to it - and not before.

Puss : Where are we off to?

Alejandro : I've added locations to a map. Unfortunately, the next few are still quite far away. They have been scattered around the mountains of Long, Long Ago. And the speed stone located in the heart of it all.

Donkey : Stop lying to us! That place doesn't exist. I would know!

Puss : (looking at the map)
Looks like it does. It should be a few days north. Towering mountains swarmed by ogres, and yet somehow, a human city has survived in the middle of it all.

Donkey : And why didn't Shrek tell us about this? Surely he would know.

Puss : Maybe, because his parents tried to eat him. It would be a little concerning. Well, we will be sure of a good fight - this will be fun!

Kitty : Just don't get yourself killed in the process. I've heard that angry ogres are nearly as powerful as Death himself.

Puss : And I handled Death. You know if that gatito blade wasn't so small, he would have been the one running away from me!

Kitty : Yeah, and without it, you'd be dead right now! Not even a thank you...

Donkey : Wait, wait! Puss - this Puss - fought Death?? Why was Death even after him? Are you dead?? Or supposed to be??

Puss, Kitty, Alejandro and Perrito just look at him. Donkey realises they all knew except him.

Donkey : Really??? Way to keep Donkey in the dark! Like always...

Alejandro : Oh, whatever. Off to Long, Long Ago!!!

__ __ __ __

We see the group trekking through a forest, which is slowly going uphill.

Donkey : We're going the right way, at least...Hey, Alejandro, how far away are we? This is borrrring.

Alejandro : We'll have to set up camp soon - it's too risky up in the mountains. And even here we'll need someone on watch. I'll stay here, and you guys can go get food.

Donkey : Hunt? No thanks. I'll stay here. With you. And we can start a fire. I could get firewood.

Perrito : Then it'll be just team friendship again! This is gonna be fun!

Kitty : We're still using that?

Perrito : Yeah! It's official, after all!

__ __ __ __

The group are sat around a fire. They are cooking some fish on sticks around the campfire. The sun is starting to set.

Donkey : So what're we meant to do while we wait? It's so early - no way we can sleep.

Kitty : How about another one of your deaths, Puss? Since we all know about your fight with Death, now. 'The Trident' was very interesting.

Puss : Why not. How about the Bull Race? That one was full of action! And, when I discovered that I did, actually have 9 lives.

Perrito : That sounds good! Not sure it'll be better than 'The Trident'.

Camera zooms out and then fades to black.

AUTHOR'S NOTE : Hope you enjoyed! Needed another part with less action to set up the new area, 'Long, Long, Ago'. I promise more action next time. And, the full story on Puss' 1st death. Hope your enjoying Alejandro being introduced, too.