30. Paranoid schizophrenia

Paranoid schizophrenia is characterized by predominantly positive symptoms of schizophrenia, including delusions and hallucinations. These debilitating symptoms blur the line between what is real and what isn't, making it difficult for the person to lead a typical life. The average age of onset is late adolescence to early adulthood, usually between the ages of 18 to 30. It is highly unusual for schizophrenia to be diagnosed after age 45 or before age 16. Onset in amab typically occurs earlier in life than afab. Early symptoms of schizophrenia may seem rather ordinary and could be explained by a number of other factors. This includes socializing less often with friends, trouble sleeping, irritability, or a drop in grades. During the onset of schizophrenia—otherwise known as the prodromal phase—negative symptoms mount. These negative symptoms might include an increasing lack of motivation, decreasing inability to pay attention, or social isolation.

Warning signs that psychosis may be imminent include:
•Seeing, hearing, or tasting things that others do not.
•Suspiciousness and a general fear of others' intentions.
•Persistent, unusual thoughts or beliefs.
•Difficulty thinking clearly.
•Withdrawing from family or friends.
•A significant decline in self-care.
•Delusions.
•Hallucinations.
•Disorganized or incoherent speech. •Disorganized or unusual behavior.
————————————————————————
Although it's a lifelong illness, you can take medicines and find help to stop symptoms or make them easier to live with.