Chapter 7: Villainous Uprising

At the dead of night, within the city of Musutafu, there was a busy building at the shadier parts of town. It was usually quiet at this time of night, but laughter and shouting could be heard from it once a week. Everyone and anyone that lived or hung around the area knew why, the head honchos in one of the many drug rings infesting the city would gather once a week for their poker nights.

Sitting around a table littered with money, drugs, liquor, and cards were four burly men who were in fact the ones in charge of a notorious drug ring. They would rarely be seen together and the only times they would gather would either be important meetings that affected the entire operation or poker nights.

"So, the shrimp started begging for his life, swearing on his own mother that he would get the money. Can you imagine that? How pathetic can you be?" One of the bosses asked.

Another chuckled "You buy it?"

"Hell no! I gave him a beating then loaded him with lead." The boss stated and the others laughed, "Now the shrimp is really sleeping with the fishes."

"Hehe, better be careful man. The heroes are really going to start looking into us if bodies start popping up." Another one of them warned.

"Yeah, cool it down, Arnie." Another advised.

Arnie smirked and waved their warnings away, "Bah! You two worry too much. You really think one dead nobody is enough to send our entire business to the gutters? We've been doing this for years."

"Boss Dalmatian's been doing his business for years too, longer than us, and you know how that ended." One of the more serious bosses reminded.

"Old man lost his edge. What happened to him was expected." Arnie said with a shrug "Who took him down again? Bat-something?"

"Batwoman." One of them stated and they all looked at him "They call her the Batwoman. She's getting quite the reputation for dealing with guys like us."

"While the famous heroes deal with the headliners, she's hunting us down in the shadows."

"Boss Dalmatian was a statement, a promise, and let me tell you, she's certainly keeping it."

"C'mon now, enough with that bull. What is up with you guys? You're giving this hero too much credit. She's just another loser in tights who probably thinks she's hot shit because of whatever Quirk she has. That's all this is to them anyway, one big talent show." Arnie stated while looking through his cards and he placed one down.

Meanwhile, outside of the room the four bosses were in sat a group of suited guards that conversed with each other in hushed tones and outside of that room would be the alleyway outside and in front of the door stood a large burly man that guarded it.

On top of the building across from the guard perched the Batwoman glaring down at the guard like a predator ready to pounce on her prey.

And pounce she did, with a swift leap Batwoman dived down the alleyway and held onto her cape to glide. The guard noticed the shadow of a large bat approaching and he looked up in shock to be met with a swift and hard kick to the jaw.

He was knocked to the ground and before he could think about recovering, Batwoman kicked him under his jaw, sending him to the ground flat on his back. She jumped and landed on top of his face with both her knees, which let out an audible crunch sound from his skull and quite a few teeth to be knocked out.

The guard slumped into unconsciousness just as the door he was guarding opened up. One of the suited guards inside had heard the commotion that had been going on outside and peeked to check if everything was alright.