Chapter Three- Demon

It's bright when I wake up, obnoxiously bright. As if I had suddenly been pulled from an ocean of black and immediately flung into the sun itself.

I open my eyes but my vision is rather blurry and I feel a slight spin in the world.

I can't make out the exact details of my surroundings but from what I can feel it's comfortable. I'm not in the box anymore, I have plenty of room. It takes forever for my eyes to settle together, that was one hell of a sleep. Whatever they sedated me with was strong, I will probably still feel the effects for a while.

When my sight does settle into place I am able to see why my mind was unable to process my surroundings. Almost everything is white, the walls, the floor, the bed, and the sheets. The only bits of color in this room is my sword scabbard and the boxers they left me in.

It doesn't put me at ease to know they removed my clothes, and the mysterious bandages on my arm aren't exactly comforting either. But at least they left my sword, from what I can see from this bed they took my suitcase. Although there seem to be many drawers around that could easily store the entire suitcase completely out of sight.

My arms don't seem to be tied down to the bed frame, and my ankles are free as well. Yet I feel hesitant to leave this bed, in part because I don't have anything to change into...

There is a slight shuffle of feet outside my door and people begin to whisper.

"What are you waiting for? You need to drop those off before he wakes up." One voice says I can't tell its gender but it seems seasoned and mature.

"I think he's already awake, look at the vitals." The second voice sounds young in comparison, almost childlike, definitely terrified.

I don't know how they could tell I'm awake. There is a small white band on my wrist, it's not exactly paper or plastic, it's almost like rubber. Is this thing reporting my vital signs?

That's really the only explanation, I can't really feel anything else on my body that would be able to report any data. I doubt that they would try and put something inside me, although that wouldn't be the first time they violated my privacy already.

"Give me those, I can handle giving him clothes. Go and start your rotation."

"But what if he tries to attack you?"

"I have dealt with worse, now go on, you are likely needed elsewhere."

The younger person leaves and I can hear the older individual clear their throat before they knock. "Mr. Okumura, can I come in?"

"Sure," I say pulling the sheets over myself to cover my lower half. These sheets aren't big enough to cover all of me so I will have to deal with being half-naked in front of a person I don't know. Or at least being consciously naked in front of a person I don't know.

The person seems to be a nurse, a nurse who looks as if even Satan himself couldn't sway her.

"I am going to put your clothes on this table for you okay dear?" Her entire tone seemed to shift, her voice brightened and a smile crossed her face. She morphed into me of those tv grandmothers who would pinch your cheek or give you candy.

"Thanks," I say in response. She nods and leaves closing the door behind her. From what I can hear she doesn't lock it, nor is it automatically locked.

Maybe the Illuminati is stupider than I thought, or maybe they want me to escape this room.

Whatever their meticulous plan is I get up and inspect the clothes that were laid out for me on the white bedside table.

It looks like a black version of the green suit Shima wears sometimes, the tie included is blue instead of black like the others. Putting on each piece of the uniform takes me back to the cram school days, the stupid amount of fine details, like the undershirt needing to be tucked in properly the belt and the cufflinks, and then, of course, the tie and the buttons. The easiest part was the socks, of course, there was the issue that I didn't have any shoes to go along with the socks.