the rose

I could feel the traces of darkness wrap around me, concealing my mind in a strange dazed sleep. It nearly felt like a dream, being aware and awake, yet not conscious. I could see myself, both parts of myself.

My human side was sitting on what looked like a grassy hill that expanded over the horizon. My demonic side was on the same hill only his half was bathed in a strange reddish tint, and the grass glowed with the same blue light that followed his flames.

"So, it finally happened," my human side said, seeming uncertain.

"Yes it did," the demon replied with confidence

"What if this is a mistake?"

"What if it is?" he smiled. "This will be our best mistake."

"I only hope we aren't hated for it."

"So what if we are? Everyone who hates us will be dead soon enough."

My human side glared at the demon who cackled with glee. "You're so much fun."

"But so will all of our friends, even Yukio."

"Our friends are stronger than that. If they aren't then we will make do with what we have, just like we always have."

"Only now I have you to help me."

The human side smiled, mirrored by a soft grin by the demon. "And Lucifer."

"And Lucifer," the human repeated.

Slowly I felt myself wake, the two sides joining together again, and mixing into my consciousness. I rubbed my eyes awake.

My tail squirmed around in the bed, and I stretched out my limbs.

Suddenly my trail was attacked, as small claws latched on to the tuft of fur at the end. I sprung up from the bed, ripping my tail away to face off whatever had assaulted me so early in the morning.

"Sorry Rin I thought it was a rat," Kuro mewed, padding over to my side and rubbing his head on me as an attempted apology.

"Kuro?" I asked, why and importantly how had he-

Through my shocked mind, the memories flooded back all at once.

I had actually done it, hadn't I?

Part of me was ecstatic, thrilled at the idea that I had finally found a partner to spend the rest of my existence with. The rest of my sane mind dreaded the reality that the partner was Lucifer. What was worse was that I knew exactly why I had done what I did. Every action I had taken had some sort of logic behind it. There was no excuse for what I did, I wasn't under any influence but my own.

Yet the tingle still remained, my curiosity and excitement as to what might lie ahead. There were many questions to be answered, and strangely I was thrilled to see how exactly Lucifer would live up to his promise. Normally it wouldn't take much to impress me, being as ignorant as I am about relationships it's easy for people to scrape by doing the bare minimum. But this wasn't any ordinary human, this was Lucifer, the sole embodiment of light and the strongest demon king of them all.

The only ones who rivaled his power were the goddesses and Satan himself, so it was only natural that I expected great things from him.

A new but similar joy sparked in me, it would be fun to play with him. Order him around, and force him to dote on me. It wouldn't be the same as the harem I had dreamed of my in teenage years, but in a way, this would be better. It would take time, and careful planning but if I played all my cards right then Lucifer would be entirely submissive to me and would follow my every word.