Epilogue

**UPDATE** - Before you read the epilogue, there's two extra chapters on my "Bonus chapters and one shots" book that fit in between the previous chapter and the epilogue. To read, just follow me and download the book from my profile, otherwise, continue reading.

Here's the Epilogue. I hope that you all enjoyed the story and thank-you for all the support.

Asher looked over his shoulder as he and Danny walked towards their normal table. He could have smiled but instead he just watched. Ivy was all alone at the tables in the corner, a nasty scowl on her face. She deserved it. Her great plan for high school domination had tumbled down into a mess and she was now the only social outcast of the school.

Then his gaze moved slightly around her, the empty tables causing a real smile to overcome his features. There would be no one left alone at those tables anymore, other than Ivy. The people that had been bullied, picked on and yelled at, they were safe and accepted. Asher had made sure of that.

Danny pulled on his hand and they continued on their proud walk through the cafeteria, no one so much as blinking at their interlocked hands. It was a new feeling, walking through these halls now days. Every step reminded him that these people knew who he was and yet they didn't judge him, they didn't hate him, he didn't have to be scared. Feeling safe was still new to him.

People sent him smiles and waves as he walked around tables. He caught Maisy's eye, she had been looking over at Ivy too with a proud smile. She gave him a nod which went unseen by her lackeys who sat around her with their faces deep in their phones. He nodded back. It was a secret communication between them, an alliance that no one knew of.

They reached the table, their friends sitting around it. Chad with his arm around Beth while they whispered quiet words in each other's ear, little smiles on their faces. Leon and Jess, the most unlikely of friends, who found out that they actually have more in common than they thought and now practically spent every day together.

They sat down at two of the empty seats and Danny pulled Asher in for a kiss. It was something so simple and yet it meant so much. They weren't fixed, their relationship was still a fractured mess in some ways but Asher could feel Danny's trust returning slowly with each passing day. Danny wasn't the same, he didn't have that innocent, trusting look in his eye like he used to. He was more serious now, more careful. Yet, Danny was still Danny sometimes he would smile at Asher with that gorgeous grin and their rocky past was forgotten for a few moments.

Maybe both of them weren't the same people they were when they were fifteen, fresh faced, wide eyed and so bursting with love that it was radiating off of them. They had been through life's challenges and came out the other side. Asher knew that it was going to be a thousand times more difficult to build back the trust between them as it was to break it, and yet he hoped that slowly, brick by brick, they might even build something stronger than what it was before.

So, Asher sat there, at a place in his life he had never thought existed. His conscience wasn't heavy, his mind not filled with lies to remember. He could just be Asher. Plain old Asher who these people loved and accepted to their core. And tonight, when all was said and done, he would go back to his room to see the photo's nailed to the walls and know that these people were in it for the long run.

In the end, maybe he didn't have to choose between love and popularity. Just between you and me though, if he had to choose now he knew exactly who he would pick.

The End

There are two bonus chapters of this story available to be read in my book "Bonus Chapters and One Shots" so feel free to check it out and read these bonus chapters!! These chapters are only available to be read by my followers, so follow me and check them out! Find the bonus chapters book in my works.

Thanks again for all the support! I have a couple of other completed boyxboy stories on my page so feel free to check them out!

Also, if you want to keep updated on my future projects then please follow me :)