{5}

Asher wrote the text out quickly and sent it to Danny without even proof reading it. He just wanted to hear Danny’s voice, to be reassured that things were going to be alright even after the appalling day he had just had.

I’ve had an awful day, feeling miserable, I need to hear your voice, can you call me if you aren’t too busy? – Asher

His phone beeped in less than a minute.

                Skype. Now. – Danny

That was all the information that Asher needed, and he sat down on his bed, pulling his laptop onto his lap. He signed into Skype and within one minute Danny’s face popped up on his screen, with the words answer with video and decline underneath it.

Asher quickly clicked the first option and a giant smile graced his face as Danny’s beautiful face appeared on his laptop screen. Danny looked beautiful as always, wearing a simple black t-shirt and his black hair was messy on top of his head as always. Those beautiful, deep blue eyes of his were open wide, ‘Are you alright? You sounded awful in your text!’ He said in the first three seconds of the call, but then it seemed that Danny realised that Asher wasn’t wearing a shirt and he winked at his boyfriend, ‘Hello there sexy,’ he greeted flirtatiously.

Asher rolled his eyes, ‘Hello there horny,’ he smirked.

Danny gasped, ‘Don’t be so vulgar,’ he accused, turning up his nose for a few seconds before all of that left his face and concern filled it again.

‘What’s wrong?’ Asher asked, leaning forwards towards the screen.

‘I’m worried about you,’ Danny said, capturing his bottom lip between his teeth for a few moments in concern before letting it free, ‘Why did you have a bad day?’

Danny asked the question like the answer would lead to a life or death decision. That was something else that was uniquely Danny, it was that he cared about people, he cared more than just a slight worry or a casual sympathetic thought. He cared so much that he would do anything for those he loved, and every single day he showed that to Asher. It was in little gestures and words and expressions and every time it reminded Asher of how much he was loved, but it also reminded him that it was his job to protect Danny, and dumping his problems onto him wasn’t going to do anything but hurt Danny.

‘Oh don’t even worry about that, my day may have been slightly bad, but now it is perfect because I have you right in front of me.’

Danny blushed a little, ‘What happened today? Did you and Beth have a fight or something?’

‘No,’ Asher shook his head, ‘I just missed you so much,’ and it was true. He had missed Danny, he had thought of him often, and he had wished that he had Danny in his arms right at that moment, but he would have to settle with video calling, it would have to be enough considering that they wouldn’t be able to meet that weekend.

‘I missed you too,’ Danny admitted, ‘I just can’t wait until we get out of high school and move in together and I can see you every single day. Don’t mind me if I basically become an extension of your body for the first few weeks.’

‘I wouldn’t have it any other way,’ Asher smiled into the webcam.

They had talked about that day many, many times. They talked of the days when they would go off to college together, they would have breakfast together every morning and dinner together every night. They talked of movie dates, and weekly picnics in the park and one day even getting a little fury kitten to fawn over.

Asher looked forward to the days where there were no lies, no problems, just he and Danny. Apart of him wanted to stay in touch with his friends, but he didn’t think that he could bring himself to tell them the truth.