Chapter 18 *~All eyes on you~*

After Jeanette was taken away, Athanasia mounted the stairs with the help of Lucas and was met with a busy crowd.

"Princess are you alright!!"

"Do you feel ill anywhere!?"

"I knew that girl was evil, did she hurt you at all!?"

Athanasia wiped her eyes while clinging to Lucas, appearing shocked and scared.

"I-I'm alright, I'm much more worried about sister Jeanette."

The crowd looked at eachother, confused.

"Why would the Princess be worried about dark magic user?"

"I hope Father has mercy on Jeanette, she's just a young girl and its not her fault this unfortunate incident has happened." Athanasia explained tearfully.

"Isn't that right,"

The blonde continued as she locked eyes with a certain Duke.

"Duke Alpheus?"

The Duke flinched and looked around, nervous.

Ijekiel stood by his Father looking at the Princess desperately.

"I-I-I..." 

"You tried to steal my place with a disgusting copy of me, now that that copies been revealed, what will you do?' 

Roger Alpheus couldn't find the right words to say, he had let a dark magic user stay in his home, using his money and title while trying to date his own child.

He only ever let let it pass because he believed Jeanette would be the next Empress.

Now he sees that's never going to happen.

Ijekiel stepped in for his Father.

"Of course we didn't know Princess, we would never let a user of dark magic taint the Imperial family and the sacred Church!"

Ijekiel explained tearfully with a desperate look on his face.

Lucas suddenly pulled Athanasia away from him as he growled at the silver haired boy.

"Do not yell at the Princess, she has just experienced a great trauma."

Ijekiel's eyes flashed with rage "You-"

"Please stop both of you!" 

Athanasia cried out.

"Sir Ijekiel I believe you." The golden haired beauty said as she smiled kindly at the boy, wiping away her tears.

"This will be a good chance to get the Duke on my side."

"Soon Jeanette will have no one."

" I know the Dukes  family are loyal to this Empire and would never do anything to harm its people."

The Princess stepped forward.

"I also know Ijekiel is kind, and he would never do anything to hurt me."

Ijekiel sighed happily,

"Thank you for understanding me and my Father Princess."

"Oh- y-yes, we are forever grateful."

The Father son duo bowed gratefully.

Athanasia smiled softly at them while Lucas looked as though he was going to produce smoke out of his ears.

"Alright everyone."

A strong voice with a slight accent rang out in the temple, causing everyone to turn their eyes to the speaker.

"Now that that problem ha been taken care of, we must continue with the ceremony." The handsome tan man continued.

The nobles whispered excitedly as they were about the witness the Princesses awakening.

"Princess Athanasia,"

The High priest stepped down from the altar and stood facing the girl.

"Please go and prepare for your magic awakening."