Chapter 19 *~The awakening of the Pegasi~*

"Okay Princess, your ready." Lily said as she finished brushing Athanasia's golden curls.

"Thank you Lily." The princess answered as she looked at her reflection in the mirror."

Jeanette's awakening robes was nothing compared to hers.

She was wearing a beautiful white robe with flowy sleeves and a large cross shaped broach on her chest.

The bottom of her robe was see through with golden vine patterns, matching with her sandals that resembled golden vines snaking up her legs.

Her hair was swooped to the side with pearls embedded in.

and to top it all of she had a sun pendent around her neck and a roman flower crown on her head.

'I knew Athanasia was beautiful, but I never expected she would look so otherworldly.' Athy thought as she gently touched her face.

She calmly stood up as Lily ordered a maid to carry her robes train.

"Princess Athanasia de alger Obelia is entering!"

With the beloved Princesses name being announced, everyone's heads turned towards the ivory doors.

Upon seeing the Princesses angelic appearance, the nobles bowed low to the ground, in awe of her presence.

Claude stood up from his throne and clutched his chest, a surge of pride and warmth bloomed as he looked upon his beloved heir.

Lucas and Ijekiel just stared, pink tinting their cheeks.

Making her way onto the alters steps, Athanasia kneeled in front of Priest Salvatore with her hands clasped in prayer.

Holy water tickled the hairs on her head as the priest read the prayers.

"May the lord and light of Obelia, the goddess Obella, forever protect this child and gift her with beautiful and pure abilities!"

And with the last word uttered, Athanasia's chest started to glow.

All of the nobles stared, praying for the Princesses awakening to be safe.

All of a sudden, the light grew hugely, encasing Athanasia and blinding everyone in the room.

"Whats going on!?" Claude yelled.

"What's happening to my daughter!?"

The Emperor attempted to scale the stairs when his arm was grabbed by Lucas.

"What are you doing, let me go, I need to protect Athanasia!"

"Your majesty please calm down, look at her."

Claude turned towards the light, shielding his eyes and allowing him to see two shapes in the light.

The two shapes started to float to the ground as the light gradually dimmed.

"Athanasia!" Claude snatched his arm from Lucas as he ran threw the crowd of nobles, elbowing and pushing them out of the way.

Making his way to his daughters slumped form, he was relived to see that she was breathing calmly. 

"Athanasia..."

Attempting to pick her up, Claude heard a quiet squeal.

Looking down he saw a pure white creature with eyes that shone like the galaxy.

It was....

A pegasus.

The symbol and familier of the goddess Obella and a thought to be extinct magical creature.

Yet here it was, next to his daughter.

Seeing the creature as well, High Priest Salvatore announced to the entire temple excitedly. 

"The Princesses familier is the holy Pegasus!!"