|Chapter 1|

CHAPTER ONE:

"I don't hate you, I never have! Why would you come to that conclusion?"

His hands clasped her awaiting ones in a tight manner, eyes brimming with tears as he awaits for her answer.

She avoids his gaze, her lips tilting to a frown.

"It's just that... You've been avoiding me for weeks now. If you really loved to me, then show me." The girl heaves out.

The boy wasted no time, he hesitated for not even a millisecond as his arms wrap themselves around her waist.

He leans in close and kisses her, and she kisses him back with the same amount of feelings.

"Aaand that is the end! For now." (Y/N) smiles at Zoé through the screen, her arms dramatically clasped to her chest for a more animatedly effect.

Zoé didn't look too convinced, as her brows were furrowed with confusion written all over her face.

She goes to grab her comb and started brushing her hair, "That escalated really quickly." Zoé deadpanned at her best friend.

After noticing that Zoé was not at all intrigued with her story, (Y/N) cuts the dramatic act and heaves out a sigh of frustration.

She plops down on her bed, making sure that she didn't bump into her laptop as she rolls around in annoyance, "URG! You are so right- This isn't good enough! It's still missing something."

"Yeah, girl. It's missing the actual feeling." Zoé immediately said, nodding her head in agreement.

"Zoé, your supposed to encourage meeee. I thought you loved me~"

"I do love you, weirdo. I'm saying it sucks so you can do better."

(Y/N) (L/N) is Zoé Lee's first and only friend from New York City. They met during their first-year in 21 Century Literature class, and they've been friends ever since.

Their parents were pretty close, so it was no surprise that the two would be close friends too.

The (L/N) family is infamous for their clothing brand in New York, and you could say that Audrey Bourgeois and (Y/N)'s mother are business partners in a way.

Since meeting, (Y/N) and Zoé have been participating in modeling acts for their parents.

And that is how their relationship grew, with them being the bestest of friends in just a span of a few months.

That is also how Zoé found out about (Y/N)'s secret aspiration.

Being the only child of the infamous couple, (F/N) and (M/N) (L/N), she was destined to take over their family business.

But the young model had other plans for her future.

She seems to have always been intrigued by the idea of composing stories.

(Y/N) began writing when she was young, and over time she began to picture herself as an author.

She will probably be able to officially refer to herself as an author in a span of a few years.

But there was a slight problem.

"Your stories lack imagery, bestie." Zoé stated as a matter of fact.

She waved the comb around, then continued, "Remember what ma'am Larry Luz said? If you can't imagine yourself in the story, then your story sucks."

"I remember her saying something similar- Ma'am Luz is not that mean and you know it!" (Y/N) retorts after grumbling incoherently of how mean Zoé was.

She loved her nonetheless.

After a while, Zoé had finally managed to put her hair up in a bun.

She turns to look at her best friend from the screen, then flashes at small smile at her direction.

"I know." She chuckled at (Y/N). "But that's what I remembered from one of her classes." Zoé added.

After her small frustration roll, (Y/N) finally sat back properly. She grabbed her laptop and placed it on the desk, going in to grab a seat for herself afterwards.

"I miss her." (Y/N) sighs, "And I miss you, too- So don't feel jealous."

"I won't." Zoé giggled, then it turned into full blown guffaws, "And I miss you too, Baba Pea."

Just as they always do when they have their nightly video chats, (Y/N) and Zoé made eye contact for a while.

Undoubtedly, some might find it strange, but who cares what they say?

Besties can video chat without having to speak a single word, they can just do some sort of virtual staring contest till one of them blinks.

This was the norm for them.

(Y/N) broke the comforting silence after a while of staring into Zoé eyes, "Oh wait- Have I told you the news?" She then asked.

Zoé merely looked at her best friend through the screen, brows arched as she urges for (Y/N) to continue.

"I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow! Ma and Pa finally said yes- So if you don't meet me at the airport tomorrow, I am so going to hunt you down and strangle you."

"I'll make sure to hide then." Zoé deadpanned.

"Zooéé~"

"Of course I'll be there, you weirdo." Zoé smiled, "I'll even be your tour guide if you want to."

It was biggest chance of a lifetime for (Y/N) was to study in Paris.

There is a wonderful array of possibilities and chances waiting for her, and she was ready to see them all.

Her parents needed some convincing before they would ultimately consent, but they did so after she agreed to a few terms and conditions.

After speaking with Zoé's parents, (Y/N)'s parents decided that it would be best if their daughter stayed at the Bourgeois home for the duration of her stay in Paris.

Before bidding their goodnights to each other, Zoé and (Y/N) continued their conversation for another hour or so.

Zoé spoke passionately about her experiences in Paris and the kind individuals she encountered there.

She made them sound so wholesome in her descriptions and stories, and (Y/N) was more than eager to meet them.

She had convinced her parents that she wanted to move to Paris in order to reunite with Zoé, but (Y/N) also had another rationalization.

She specializes in writing fiction and romance.
However, recently her writing has changed considerably in a negative way.

A change of environment might inspire her to think more creatively at work.

(Y/N) felt the need to visit Paris after hearing Zoé's sincere and romantic tales of the city.

Everything is about to change tomorrow. And she was more than ready for the adventure that awaits her.

-