|Chapter 12|

CHAPTER TWELVE:

"(Y/N)? Why are you sitting there? Got inspired to write something again?"

Luka's voice snapped her out of her embarrassed trance, the redness in her cheeks slowly cooling down as she goes to stand up on her feet.

He held a hand out for (Y/N) to grab, which took the girl by surprise, but she accepted anyways with a sheepish look.

"I heard someone playing acoustic and I was interested." She merely replies.

"So your interested in joining the Music club? That's great news!" Luka exclaimed, the smile plastered on his face not faltering even in the slightest.

She was quick to correct Luka, waving a hand at him dismissively as she does so.

"I suck at playing instruments! Never really been confident in that kind of stuff..." (Y/N) trailed off.

Then she quickly added, "P-plus-! I'm a book nerd. If I'm joining a club it's got to be a Literature club."

"Understandable." Luka nodded his head in understanding, "You are free to hang around here if you want, of course. I can even teach you a thing or two if you want."

The offer sounded tempting, but the idea of Luka and her together in the same club didn't sit well with her.

Plus, Luka was already on her bad side. Their first encounter was anything but normal-

But when did (Y/N) do anything normally? Life's to short for be bland and basic.

But she still didn't like his guts.

"I'll visit from time to time. And, no thanks- I'm good." She politely smiles at him.

Their small conversation was cut to a short when Marinette hollered over and called out (Y/N)'s name, successfully catching the girls attention.

"(Y/N)! There you are! We thought you got lost or something." Marinette heaved out, catching her breath then they finally got to (Y/N).

Zoé shook her head at Marinette, "I told you she just got distracted."

"Sorry sorry, the tour was getting a bit boring." (Y/N) shrugged, giving the two an apologetic smile.

An hour later, class started and (Y/N) has her first experience in a foreign school. It didn't feel too different, it was only the accent and the schedule that (Y/N) found difficult.

After a while, (YN) has managed to memorize the class schedules and the teachers names.

Marinette invited Zoé and (Y/N) over to eat during lunch break.

The bell rang, and the students started flooding out the halls, which (Y/N) found to be quite interesting.

She snorted, "Zoé, look. They're acting as if we're in the Hunger games. Is food here that good?"

"No comment." Zoé merely shrugged.

While they walked and chatted about, (Y/N) hadn't notice the girl Infront of her who seemed preoccupied as she was carrying a ton of books in her hands.

They collided and the books flew and went straight to the ground, it was the same for (Y/N) and the stranger that she bumped into.

"Holy macaroni and cheese- I'm sorry, I wasn't looking!" (Y/N) quickly went to help the stranger pick up her books.

And now that she got a closer look at the person, (Y/N) realized that she accidentally bumped into a girl she's definitely seen before.

"Lila? Oh hi!" (Y/N) reached a hand out for Lila to grab, and she gingerly took her hand so she could pull her upright.

Marinette and the others looked confused, that's a given. But the confusion on Marinette's face turned into annoyance when she met gazes with Lila.

"You know her, (Y/N)?" Marinette asked, in which (Y/N) nodded profusely.

She smiles at them, "Yepperdo! I met Lila at one of our online group discussions for a shooting gig. We also met up one time in New York when they celebrated new year's there." (Y/N) continues to explain.

"(Y/N)? I almost didn't notice you! I've been told that you were going to be in Paris for a while, but I wasn't able to contact you!" Abandoning the books on the floor, Lila goes to give (Y/N) a hug.

She of course, hugged back, "No worries. I didn't know you go here too. Man, this world is small."

"So she wasn't lying that time..." Marinette mumbled out, but it was loud enough for Lila to hear.

"Nonsense, Marinette!" Lila smiled at her, her forest green eyes looking at her with so much sincerity.

"I'm a changed girl! I want to be friends with you all- And of course, I want to catch up with my dear friend, (Y/N)."

There was something about het that set Marinette off, and (Y/N) could clearly see that.

But she shrugged it off, thinking that she was merely being suspicious of an innocent girl, and an old friend.

Before Marinette could fire some type of retort, Lila was already dragging (Y/N) away.

She linked her arm with her, and with a gleeful smile, Lila ushers (Y/N) away.

"I should be touring you myself! I know all the good stuffs here at school, stick with me and you'll learn all the secrets."

The gang stood silent, eyes wide with bewilderment. "What was that all about?" Marinette asks Zoé.

Zoé merely facepalmed and heaved out a long sigh, "I forgot those two know each other." She grumbled.

"You need to tell me everything, ASAP! We have to save her!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Can we go eat now? We can't plan on an empty stomach." Alya, one of Marinette's friends, hollered out.

"Right." Zoé sighed, "I'll tell you guys everything over freshly baked croissants and macaroons. I'm gonna call (Y/N) too, make sure Lila doesn't feed her anything bad to her brain."

(Y/N) told Lila all her adventures as they walked.

She was too preoccupied with telling her tales that she hasn't notice Lila walking her to a secluded part of campus.

They turned to a corner, and there awaited Chloé who was casually leaning on one of the lockers.

They didn't speak, but Lila and Chloé made brief eye contact before they proceeded on moving.

"This place is dark." (Y/N) commented, unaware of the danger that was dressed in sheep's clothing.

Lila merely shook her head, "It's a shortcut to the gardens. Remember the route." She merely replied, with (Y/N) nodding her head profusely.

The plan set by Chloé was in motion, and (Y/N) was oblivious to the whole ordeal.

-