|Chapter 19|

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

As (Y/N) walked into Paris Francois Dupont, she immediately felt a strange atmosphere in the air.

Students were looking at her with curious eyes, whispering among themselves.

As she made her way through the hallways, she noticed students giving her strange looks, whispering amongst themselves.

Something was definitely off, and she couldn't figure out why.

Confused, she approached her friends Zoé, Alya, and Marinette, hoping they could shed some light on the situation.

"Hey, guys. Have you noticed anything strange about everyone today?" (Y/N) asked, her brows furrowed with concern.

Alya exchanged a puzzled glance with Marinette before answering, "Honestly, (Y/N), we have no idea what's going on. We noticed the same thing, and it's been happening for a while now. It's like everyone's acting differently towards you."

"Yeah, it's really weird. We've tried asking around, but nobody seems to have any answers," Marinette added, a hint of worry in her voice.

As the day progressed, the strange behavior towards (Y/N) escalated. Students began berating her with nonsensical accusations and hurtful words.

(Y/N) felt her heart sink with each passing moment, unable to comprehend why she was being targeted.

Finally, during lunch break, (Y/N) couldn't take it anymore.

She approached the principal's office with tears threatening to spill from her eyes. The principal listened attentively to her story, and together they discovered a shocking revelation.

A rumor had been circulating that (Y/N) had stolen something from the principal's office, and to everyone's astonishment, the stolen item was found in her bag.

"(Y/N), I know you didn't steal anything. This is not how I expected your first month at our school to go. But the evidence is here, and I must follow our school's policies," the principal explained regretfully.

"That's unfair! I'm positive Chloé had something to do with this!" Marinette voiced out angrily.

Alya followed suit, "She's right. We've been with (Y/N) all day! She hasn't done anything suspicious."

"(Y/N) (L/N)'s a dork, but she's no thief. I know this, we've been friends for ages." Zoé's voice was strained, and her fists tightly clutched.

"I'm sorry, girls." The principal shook his head in disbelief, "We must follow school policies."

Feeling helpless, (Y/N) was devastated as the principal handed down her punishment: detention and a call to her guardian.

Just as she was about to leave the office, a familiar face entered, holding a piece of evidence.

"Luka! What are you doing here?" (Y/N) exclaimed, surprised by his sudden appearance.

"I overheard some things and decided to investigate. Turns out, Chloé Burgeois is behind this whole mess," Luka revealed, his voice filled with determination. "She planted the stolen item in your bag to frame you."

The principal's eyes widened, realizing the gravity of the situation.

Chloé, desperate to evade severe consequences, resorted to her usual tactics.

She berated the principal, threatening to have him fired by her influential father if he didn't let the incident slide.

The principal, caught between a rock and a hard place, reluctantly agreed to Chloé's demands.

'This won't be the end. Why did I agree to such a stupid idea... Stupid Lila.'

Despite the mounting frustration, (Y/N) felt a glimmer of hope.

The fact that the truth had come to light was a small victory in itself. However, she couldn't help but feel a sense of injustice as Chloé was let off with just a warning.

As the tension slowly dissipated, (Y/N) turned to Luka, gratitude etched on her face.

As (Y/N) processed the situation, Luka approached her with a sympathetic expression. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I did everything I could to expose Chloé's actions. It's unfortunate that she managed to escape severe consequences."

Feeling a mixture of relief and gratitude, (Y/N) approached Luka, her voice filled with sincerity. "Thank you, Luka. You helped me even when... Even when I'm kind of snappy to you most of the time-"

Blush of embarrassment as she continued. "I never expected you to be on my side, but I see now that I misjudged you."

Luka smiled warmly, his eyes gleaming with sincerity. He offered a gentle smile, his eyes filled with understanding. "People aren't always what they seem, (Y/N). I'm glad I could help. We all deserve a second chance."

Then Luka added, "I may not always show it, but I believe in fairness and justice. And you're not such a bad person either, (Y/N)."

With Luka's reassurance, (Y/N) found solace in the knowledge that true friends were by her side.

The incident had not only brought them closer but also opened her eyes to the complexities of the world around her.

Just then, Juleka joined the conversation, her observant nature not missing the connection between Luka and (Y/N).

A mischievous smile played on her lips as an idea formed in her mind.

"Hey, guys! Let's forget about all this drama for a moment. We're having a band practice at our place this weekend, and (Y/N), you should come and see us play," Juleka suggested, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

Marinette and Zoé chimed in, echoing Juleka's invitation and urging (Y/N) to accept.

"Hmm... I don't know guys." (Y/N) shrugged.

Alya then joins the conversation, "Come on, (Y/N)! It'll be fun. All our friends will be there!"

Then Luka wraps everything all up with a smile that made (Y/N)'s heart tingle for some reason.

His voice soft and comforting as he added, "If you decide on coming, I could maybe teach you a thing or two about the guitar."

Although hesitant, (Y/N) realized that this could be a chance to get to know Luka better and agreed reluctantly, a small smile forming on her face.

"Okay, I'll come. It sounds like fun," (Y/N) finally agreed, feeling a flicker of hope in her heart.

With the plan set in motion, the friends went their separate ways, anticipation building in their hearts.

Little did they know that this innocent band practice would pave the way for new friendships and unexpected adventures that lay ahead.

-