|Chapter 14|

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

"Earth to (Y/N)? Are you feeling okay?"

Zoé's voice echoes through (Y/N)'s mind, and she was easily snapped out of the trance she was in.

Giving her friend a lopsided smile, (Y/N) nods her head, "Yeah, just spacing out a but because Stats literally lulled me to sleep."

It was just another day at Collège Françoise Dupont.

And while (Y/N) didn't want to admit, she found herself feeling increasingly irritated as she made her way through the bustling hallways.

However, what she didn't realize was that her frustration was about to reach its peak, all thanks to a misunderstanding involving Luka Couffaine.

Ever since (Y/N) had started attending the school, Luka had always been a friendly face. They shared a few classes together and often bumped into each other in the hallways.

While (Y/N) appreciated Luka's company, today was different. From the moment she stepped into the school, she couldn't shake off the feeling of being followed.

Everywhere she went, Luka seemed to be right there, just a few steps behind her.

At first, she thought it was a mere coincidence, but as the day progressed, it became increasingly evident that he was deliberately tailing her.

Each time she turned around, she found him there, watching her with an innocent smile.

Unable to contain her frustration and annoyance any longer, (Y/N) stormed into an empty classroom during lunch break, her heart pounding with confusion.

Luka had followed her yet again, and she was determined to confront him about it. Sooner or later.

"Is there something wrong?" (Y/N) exclaimed, her voice filled with annoyance as she turned to face him. "Why have you been following me around all day? What's your deal?"

Luka looked genuinely surprised, his brows furrowing in confusion. "Following you? (Y/N), I haven't been following you. I've been going about my usual day, just like any other."

His voice sounded innocent as per usual, but the glint in his eyes were telling something else, according to (Y/N).

"Don't play innocent with me!" (Y/N) retorted, crossing her arms.

"I've seen you everywhere I go. It's been happening since this morning. What's your motive? Do you have a problem with me or something?"

Luka's eyes widened, cheeks glowing a bright red as he took a step closer, his expression a mix of concern and confusion.

"No, no, (Y/N), you've got it all wrong." He shook his head profusely, "I promise I haven't been following you. Maybe it's just a series of coincidences. I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable."

(Y/N)'s annoyance wavered for a moment as she saw the sincerity in Luka's eyes. Perhaps she had jumped to conclusions too quickly.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "Coincidences?" she asked, her voice softening slightly.

Luka nodded, his gaze unwavering. "Yes, (Y/N), coincidences. I promise you, I have no reason to follow you around. We're friends- Right? And I value our friendship. I would never do anything to invade your privacy or make you feel uncomfortable."

A grumbled escaped the girls lips, her (E/C) pearls giving Luka side jabs. Fortunately, he didn't seem to feel it. "Who says we're friends?"

Luka's gaze met hers for a brief moment, then he cocked his head to the side. "We're friends- Wait? Are we not friends?"

"I don't know."

As (Y/N) listened to Luka's explanation, a pang of guilt washed over her. She had let her frustration cloud her judgment and accused Luka without solid evidence.

It was clear that he had no intention of stalking her or making her uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, Luka," (Y/N) admitted, her voice filled with remorse. "I let my frustration get the best of me. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt."

Luka offered her a gentle smile, his eyes filled with understanding. "It's alright, (Y/N). Misunderstandings happen, and I'm glad we could clear things up. Just remember, I'm here as a friend, not a stalker."

His smile was warm and gentle, his eyes held a glistening softness that (Y/N) found intriguing.

Might Luka be a jerk for ruining her fun the first time they met, she couldn't deny that he was kind of a hottie, too.

Then a thought came to mind.

The two walked together towards the entrance of the school, where all their other friends were waiting.

(Y/N) found out a while back that Marinette's other friend, Juleka, and the annoying weirdo named Luka were blood related.

She found that revelation to be... horrible.

She didn't want to interact with Luka as much as she'd rather keep up with the status quo of being just acquaintances.

But now (Y/N) has to endure with Luka Couffaine because it'd be rude if she had beef with one of her friend's brother.

"Is there something on my face?" Luka asked after a while of silence.

(Y/N) felt the awkward tension in the air, and only now did she realize that she was staring at him a little bit too intensely.

She shook her head at him, a small huff escaping her lips as she grumbles out, "The blue in your hair is so badass. I want me one."

"You want to try dyeing your hair? My sister Juleka helped me with this." Luka raked his fingers through his hair, "I can ask her to help you too, if you want."

(Y/N) had more important things to worry about other than hair dyeing. Luka acted so gentle and soft, and the way his voice sounded gave her tingles.

It was like her body was responding to a resonating melody. She's swore that she's heard this voice before, but (Y/N) didn't want to jump into conclusions.

A snort escaped her lips- Yeah there was absolutely no way those two could be one in the same. Or maybe...

"Sooo? What do you say, (Y/N)?" Luka's gaze met hers once more, and her eyes widened in shock.

(Y/N) was able to examine his teal hues more thoroughly.

The mixed teal and blues looked as if they were glowing with the evenings sky- The memories came flooding back to her, an image of this mysterious masked man coming to mind.

"I- I... What?" (Y/N) stammered. Before she could some up with another excuse, they both heard Zoé's name calling out to them.

"Hey guys! Let's go home already!"

-