8. Mo Xiu, Mo Jingtang Is Out And About

The sun was up and Jingtang was prancing along Wuchang Town with Shi Mei.

"Shi Mei, Shi Mei, I want the rabbit candy."

"Are you a child?" Shi Mei laughed, but he bought it anyway.

Jingtang happily nibbled on his rabbit-shaped candy, "Shi Mei, where are the best restaurants in Wuchang Town?"

It was apparent to the Sect Leader and his wife and Chu Wanning and his disciples, that Jingtang seemed to have never been at Wuchang Town or at least never have explored it. While they still were confused as to how Jingtang managed to get into Sisheng Peak, nevertheless Red Lotus Pavilion, Shi Mei was the only one they could rely on to ask Jingtang for more information.

Since Shi Mei thinks Jingtang might have traumatic memories he didn't want to recall, he didn't want anyone to press him for it.

Jingtang was grateful and guilty. But what can he say?

'Oh Shizun, I'm actually your son with Mo Ran in the future — the future where I came from, Sisheng Peak is my Father Emperor's palace.'

Yeah no, who'd believe him? Also, Chu Wanning would probably whip him to death for the first one.

Shi Mei took him out with permission from the Sect Leader because he's been noticing the increase in nightmares and panic attacks Jingtang has had for these past few weeks. Chu Wanning also encouraged the trip to introduce Jingtang to the surroundings, he wanted the boy to familiarize himself with Wuchang Town and some other places, not just Sisheng Peak.

"We'll go after we buy you some sleeping incense, preferably one with dreamless sleep." Shi Mei tugged on their linked arms, "Don't worry, Shixiong will bring you to a place you'll like. I think this shop over here is a good place to start."

"Food?"

"No, incense."

"Fine..."

The shopkeeper was beyond enthusiastic when he saw them enter. "Come on in, young masters, please have a look at the new incense sticks that were recently imported!"

"We're looking for powders."

"You young masters come from Sisheng Peak, right? Cultivators must lack sleep from all the work they put in cultivation and abdicating evil, young masters look over here," He led them to a table with several small porcelain pots. "We have a selection of incense powder, here the fragrances range from woods to florals and there are spices and fruits... they all help with sleeping."

Shi Mei looked at Jingtang who grinned at him, "Can I ask?"

Shi Mei shook his head, slightly exasperated. "Laoban (boss/owner), I don't suppose you have sweet fragrances right?"

"Uh, unfortunately not." The shopkeeper scratched his ear sheepishly, "But we do have flower fragrances that can be sweet."

"How about haitang blossoms?"

"Someone bought all of our supplies on haitang." The shopkeeper admitted.

Jingtang pouted, "Alright how about—"

"I just remembered! This is a new one..." The shopkeeper took a light pink jar that was glazed with leafy branches of a darker pink. "It's honey incense, it's very sweet, young master."

"Oh, well..." Jingtang glanced at the jar with a small tilt of his head, he decided he didn't mind the pink. "We'll take it."

"That's great!"

Before they left the shop, Shi Mei told the shopkeeper to send the three jars they bought to Sisheng Peak so that they could explore the town with ease.