Ch 2

Years passed yet the result of the war is still the same, like a back and forth game. Young prince of the East, Izumi Iori, is now 18 years old. The king, Izumi Mitsuki, is now 21.

Walking down the hallway, Iori's doing his daily routine. Voices from outside caught his attention, as soldiers returned from an expedition. Some more injured than others, but the sight of people in pain discomfort him. Even after years passed, the situation isn't improving much.

"Your highness," a familiar voice called out to Iori. Turning his head to find Orikasa Yukito, or Yuki for short, already standing beside him, "What are you looking at?"

Yuki, the lead strategist, noticed the young prince staring off into space while looking out the window. The soldiers has since moved away from the spot the were at, hence why Yuki was wondering what Iori was looking at. "It's... nothing. Don't worry about it," he replied, "By chance, have you seemed his majesty? I've been looking for him, but he wasn't in his study earlier."

'His majesty', referring to the king of the east, Izumi Mitsuki, Iori's older brother. Ever since Mitsuki became the king, Iori has become very formal and stiff with everyone, even his own brother, "If you're looking for him, we were just in a meeting. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up to him in the event which has already left the room, but otherwise he should still be in there," Yuki said.

"Got it. Thanks," Iori headed off to the meeting room.

There when he arrived, he could hear voices in there. Seems someone is still trying to persuade Mitsuki into some crazy plan of attack. Rambling on and on, the sound of Mitsuki's sighs could be heard, along with a chair behind push back which is likely Mitsuki getting up from his chair, "I'm saying this once and I'm not repeating myself. No matter what you say, the answer will be no."

"But please your majesty, you must reconsider!" the noble begged.

Yet another selfish noble who plans to sacrifice the villagers for the 'greater good of the kingdom'? Yeah, not in a million years will Mitsuki ever take that option. A knock on the door could be heard, and so Mitsuki called the person in, "Come in."

"Please excuse me, your majesty," Iori said as he stepped into the room.

Seeing the prince, the noble became hopeful that perhaps he can help persuade the king with king, "Your majesty-"

Before he could even properly address him, Iori dismissed him with a glare, "Whatever you are thinking about, drop it. The king's orders are final." Unlike his brother who is usually cheerful and energetic outside of professional times, Iori was the opposite. He was quiet and rather kept to himself, often described as strong and scary.

Mitsuki nodded, "Ryuu, if you can." Tsunashi Ryuunosuke, often called Ryuu, is the king's personal guard, nodded in hearing the order and escorted the noble out of the room, "*Sigh*... How troublesome..."

"Your majesty," Iori called out to his brother.

"Oh- right. No need to be so stiff with me, Iori. Just call me how you use too," Mitsuki chuckled, "Anyways, need something?"

"Here," Iori handed Mitsuki a report, "It's from Nikaido-san about the report of the enemies' whereabouts."

"Seems like the never-ending job continues... Oh well."

"If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to help with-"

"I'll be fine, really. There's no need to worry, Iori. Afterall it is my responsibility to make everything work out. Believe in Nii-san a little more, will you?" Mitsuki ruffles Iori's hair, "Go on, you're also busy, aren't you? Thanks for going out of your way to deliver the report to me."