Ch 6

"Sunohara Momose. I'm here to deliver a letter to the king."

Sky blue hair emerged from amongst the guards, welcoming him and escorting him to his destination. Although Momo was a little nervous, he wasn't going to shy away from being friendly with others.

"Eh... So how long have you been training?" he chatted with his escort, who was also freely chatting away, not caring that he is from the other kingdom.

"Hm... About a year now? I still have lots to learn though," Tamaki tilted his head, thinking, "Ah, we're here."

The duo arrived at an office room as Tamaki opened the room to let the westerner enter, meeting the eastern's official document organizer, "Osu~ I'll leave now, Yama-san. See you later, Momorin," Tamaki waved goodbye. At this point, most of the western workers in the castle had already gotten used to the casualness in which Tamaki speaks.

Having the two official document organisers left alone in the meeting room, the two wasted no time and started discussing a potential meeting time while the actual discussion of truce is written in a letter delivered by Momo, to be confirmed when the meeting happens.

***

"Well then, I'll leave everything to you then, Nikaido-san," Iori placed the power on Yamato's hands, in charge of things while he's away. The king planned to visit the other kingdom for a meeting in hopes of finally ending the war peacefully.

Iori along with Haruka, Ryuu, Torao, Tamaki and Yuki would leave while nobles were only told that they were only going out to a surveying mission. They'd be gone for a few days but Iori trusts Yamato can handle everything in the kingdom. After all, he was the late king's assistant.

When they arrived, it was inevitable for the people from the West to be sceptical, but knowing their king, they didn't dare speak back. The king they knew may be ruthless but also smart.

For the majority of them, it is their first time travelling to the west though the tension was still high. Beside the easterners, Sogo and Gaku were escorting them to the guest room to rest as they had just travelled a long journey. The two reassures that they will do no harm though that doesn't stop all except for Iori from being on guard. They are in enemy's territory after all.

"Iori~!"

A cheerful voice could be heard echoing through the hallway. Gaku sighed heavily while Sogo chuckled nervously.

Who dares try to call the king of the east by his first name in the first place?! As a redhead with a wide smile on his face approached, the Torao and Tamaki stood in front of their king, ready for a 'surprise attack'.

What shocked the easterners was that their king stepped in front of the two, raising his arms to silently tell them not to attack.

Red fluff runs past Sogo, though unfortunately the butler was able to get ahold of the red head's collar before he could tackle the king.

"*sigh* You shouldn't do that, your highness," the butler scolded and turned to the king and bowed, "I apologise for you to see this behaviour."

Riku was pouting but when he stopped, Sogo let go of his collar and he turned to his professional state, "I apologise for my rude behaviour. I'm Nanase Riku, the prince of the western kingdom. It's nice to meet you all."

To think the prince of the western kingdom is so cheerful and carefree shocked them.

"What are you doing here, your highness? I don't see Inumaru with you either," Gaku raised a brow.

"A-about that..." Riku shifted nervously, "well... I kinda..."

"Nanase-sama!" a new voice joined in the conversation, one from down the hallway.