Chapter 03

Chapter 3 : The Chax

Zephyr coughed a lot of water as she woke up. Namumula na rin siya kakaubo malabas lamang ang mga pumasok na tubig sa katawan niya. Napansin niya ring nasa kalupaan na siya sa kabilang side ng ilog. Napagtanto niya bigla ang mga kaganapan ng araw na iyon.

Apocalypse. Zombies. Titan-size zombies. Tita Natasha and her son and two daughters were infected. The Sadako-like girl appeared in front of her. And the worst one is her power that she had kept for almost seven years.

Hinanap agad ng mata niya ang binata. Kahit ramdam niya ang tila pangangatog ng tuhod niya at ang sobrang sakit ng ulo niya ay nilibot niya ang lugar makita lamang siya. Muntikan nga silang magkabanggaan ng bigla ba naman lumabas galing talahiban si Maximus.

Walang nagsalita sa kanilang dalawa. They measure each other gazes until Zephyr, the one who loses. Kung may isang bagay lamang magpapahina sa kanya ay ang titig ng binata.

"Ahmm. . . d-do you want to ask—"

"If you're okay, we must go to the subdivision."

Her heart almost stopped beating, and the shiver in her spine went to her heart. The thought of him hating her electrified her. She doesn't want to do it either. But she must save herself. If there's any other way, she will never let it use.

They didn't waste any minute and ran toward the subdivision. Maximus kept his distance from Zephyr. Ramdam iyon ni Zephyr. Gusto niya mang mawala sa isip ang lalaki pero nagsisimula na siyang isipin ang mga desisyon niya sa buhay.

Now, thinking that her power could be helpful in this situation, but she is afraid that the moment she uses it. They will react as how Maximus did.

Kinurot niya ang sarili para pigilan ang pagbabadya ng mga luha niya na tumulo. She pitied herself, knowing what could be the effect of her power on her. She knows why she must be concealed for seven years. She is not afraid of using it but is worried that names will call her after showing the real her.

No matter what she did, and think of many happy moments she could think of. Her nose started to bleed, and it fell on her palm. The black aura began to surround her. She is afraid. Afraid that he could see the secret she had. She is also worried that she could hurt him.

Nagsimulang bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya. Nakikiramdam siya kung may mga malapit na bakal sa pinagpupwestuhan niya and the same force trying to attract that metal-like magnet. Napakuyom siya ng kamo at tila pinapakalma ang sarili. Iniisip ang mga masasayang ala-ala na magpapababa sa tension na nararamdaman niya.

When Maximus felt that Zephyr was no longer following her, he looked back. Then he saw Zephyr; there was a black aura that surrounded her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he approached her.

"Huwag kang lumapit!" Sigaw ng dalaga. Mas lalong naging malaki ang itim na usok na pumapalibot sa kanya. It keeps growing, and so is her face, which is full of blood.

Maximus looked at the surrounding as he could hear some metals trying to lose their grip on something.

"You can't control your power, am I right?" He asked.

Zephyr smirked as she looked at the man, "Now, you are asking."

"What do I need to do?" he said as the blood dripping from her face was continuous without any hint of stopping.

"Go away from me." He followed as soon as she said that.

"Just wait for a minute; this will be done. And yes, I can't control this. Hindi ko gusto na magkaroon nito. But I don't have a choice but unleash it earlier, or I'll die. . . But you know what's funny. . . " She said, and she laughed, but suddenly the metal that lost its grip pierced her body.