Chapter 8: Attack

"I'm going to go eat an early breakfast!" Newt announced.

"Me too!" Everyone agreed besides Minho.

"That is not fair!" Minho whined.

"Sorry Minho just stay here." Newt said.

Minho groaned and plopped down on a stool beside my bed.

Everyone left the room leaving Minho and I in a very, very awkward silence. I let my thoughts take over and finally I wondered,

What do I look like? I mean I saw myself in my dream but was that really me? Was that a long time ago? 

I decided I would ask someone.

Minho!

"What do I look like?" I blurted out.

Minho seemed taken back by the sudden noise but didn't say anything for a few seconds but then he  slowly began to describe me, "Well you have brown hair, that is a little wavy. Uhm bright green eyes. Tan skin, or skin that isn't pale. And er, you're almost as irresistible as I am."

I can't even imagine what my face looked like right then because it felt like my eyes were bulging out of my head and my mouth was hanging open.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Casey I know you heard me, don't play dumb."

"No, I really didn't!" I lied.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah right!"

I started to think of a comeback but my head started spinning.

"Ughh." I groaned.

Minho didn't seem to notice.

I rolled over onto my side and squeezed my eyes shut. I shivered but I could feel the sweat running down my cheek.

"You okay there shank?" Minho asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"I'm going to run and get us both some breakfast real quick. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Sounds great." I replied quietly.

The sound of a door shutting let me know he had left but the door reopene a few minutes later. I slowly rolled over and I was looking face to face with Gally. I open my mouth to greet him but I huge log hit my head and I was out. Completely out. I felt like I was dying.

-----------

After awhile I awoke. I looked around me. My mouth fell open in horror. I little squeak managed to escape my lips. I was in the maze. I blinked a few times. I was in the maze.

I sat there letting that sink in.

I force myself to stand up, but my legs just crumpled and I fell back to the ground. I couldn't feel my legs. It was like I didn't have anything there. So, I clawed at the ground and began to drag my body. I collapsed and laid on my back, staring at the sky. It appeared to be late afternoon. Fear pinched my stomach.m

It motivates me to keep going. So I clawed at the ground some more.

"Casey?" I heared someone yell, in the distance.

I tried to cry out but my lungs wouldn't let me. I clawed more and inched my way forward. My body couldn't take anymore. I fell. Pain singed my hands from scraping along the maze floor.

"Casey!" I hear someone yell, this time very close.

I looked up to see Newt.

Tears streamed down my cheeks. I wasn't sure if the were from relief or pain. Newt ran over and slowly picked me up.

"I'm so glad I bloody found ya shank. We've been bloody lookin for ya all day." He mumbled as we walked.

We finally got back to the maze. Cheers erupted as soon as they saw us. I looked around and managed to smile.

Wait a second.

Minho

Before I could ask the question, Frypan did,"Newt, where's Minho?"

Newt's eyes grew wide. "Shuck!" He said.

He quickly sat me down an ordered people to go find Minho but be back before the walls close. Worry yet again attacked my stomach.

___________________

I sat under a tree watching all the entrances.

My legs were still numb and my heart beats in my head.

I waited for over an hour, until finally I heard shouts of joy.

Minho jogged back into the glade and looked around quickly.

Newt smirked and pointed in my direction.

Minho smiled in relief.

He then jogged over to me.

Minho plopped down next to me and gave me his signature smirk.

"I wasn't planning on letting ya get thrown to the grievers yet." He teased.