Chapter 12: Ouch

"I-I erm, well I just heard some of the other guys talking about you." I gulped. That didn't sound very comforting. I scratched my head. "Ya know, because you're the newest guys around here?"

"Oh."

Chuck was obviously struggling with the whole "getting used to being trapped" thing. I have a feeling it will take him a long time to adjust. I looked around, desperately looking for a new topic of conversation.

"I can go, if you want to be alone. It's fine with me... I just thought you would like some company." I quickly said, starting to get up.

"No. Stay. The company is comforting but I could use some answers..." Chuck said. He liked up at me with hopeful eyes. Truth is I still don't know much about the glade. I mean I've only been here for a month but he was my brother. Therefore, I was gonna try to answer every question he had, even if I'm not supposed to yet.

"Yeah sure! I'd love to answer some questions. Shoot."

"Well, Newt talked me through the basics but first of all, why are you the only girl here?"

"I-well I don't exactly know. I mean I'd like the answer to that question myself." I nervously laughed.

"Oh okay, then we does everyone look so much older than me?"

"Er, I don't know that either."

"Well you sure know your stuff." Chuck laughed.

He smiled at me. Returned it immediately. Chuck has already started to grow on me. We sat and talked for the rest of the day. I've finally found a real friend around here. He made me laugh about every other word and he made this place feel a little less lonely.

______________

"Hey princess, bloody wake up already!" Newt exclaimed as he shook me. "Don't you remember that I assigned you a job? You've been here for over a month and you haven't done one thing."

"I'm getting up, I'm getting up!" I groaned. Today I was helping the Med-Jacks. Newt thought it was a good idea for me to start pitching in more, so that the Gladers wouldn't judge me as much. As much as I hated the idea of working, he was right. No need to give them anymore reasons to hate me. I had already broken 2/3 rules that had been established in this Glader long before I had arrived.

Surprisingly, being a Med-Jack isn't easy. There is always someone who needs to be cared for. Clint taught me so much in just a few hours, and by lunch I had already patched up two slicers. Finally Clint dismissed me for some lunch.

I got my food from frypan and sat down at more normal picnic table. Chuck hurried over and plopped down next to me. Newt, Clint, and few other Gladers joined us. Only a few minutes into our lunch we heard terrified screams. We all stood up and began looking around to find the source of the scream.

Newt squinted at something in the distance, "What the bloody hell"

I followed his gaze and say Minho dragging a screaming Ben into the Glade. I began sprinting towards him frantically, along with most of the Glade. The site was horrific. Ben's leg was bleeding very badly, and if you looked closer you could see his leg bone sticking out of his leg completely.

Ouch.

Within a few minutes, Clint had gotten one of the blankets and drug Ben onto it. I gripped one side of the blanket and Clint the other. We began to lift him up and carry him off but I wasn't strong enough carry Ben. I was shaking too much and he was in so much pain. He grit his teeth and whimpered. Trying not to scream. Jeff, the other Med-Jack hurried over and took my place. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked around. Some of the Gladers went back to work but some were still standing in shock.

Minho hadn't moved since Ben was carried away. I slowly approached him laying a hand on his shoulder.

"What happened out there?" I asked but Minho wasn't listening. He was mumbling to himself. "I can't hear you." I finally said.

Minho ran his fingers through his hair. Woah he still looked attractive even with messy hair.

"I'm sorry, it's just I don't have very many runners left and... never mind but Ben was running in section 6 and I found him on my way back. I don't know what happened to him but I really would like to know. No one has broken their leg while running the maze before, it's normally just a bunch of sprained ankles and stuff." Minho explained.

I nodded and looked up at him. Something was bothering him. No, something was really bothering him. I cocked my head slightly but didn't bother to ask. It probably didn't concern me anyways.

A/N you guys are my shucking favs but how are you liking it? Suggestions? Feedback? Anything? Comment below. More updates coming soon. xoxo your favorite author

Have an amazing day my lovelies!