Chapter 9: ut wus Galler

"Casey, just tell us what happened." Newt insisted impatiently.

"You won't believe me!" I growled for the tenth time.

"Why not?" Minho stepped in.

I covered my face with my hands.

"Bacase ut wus Galler."

"What?" Everyone said confused.

"It was Gally!" I shouted removing my hands.

"Oh come on, Casey!" Newt clearly unconvinced.

"Speak of the devil." I spat.

Gally walked over looking dumbfounded. I watched as the gladers gave him skeptical looks. Conversation broke out. Questions, accusations, but Newt yelled for them all to slim it. With that, everyone's stares fell upon me but my eyes focused right on Gally. He had a smug look on his face, with his arms across his chest.

"Erm, Gally, Casey here says you were the one who did it. Is that true" Newt said clearly nervous.

There was a long silence and when the answer came, no one, not even I, expected it.

"Yeah."

Was all he said. He turned on his heel and began walking towards a maze entrance.

"Wha- what? Gally! Get back here." Alby commanded. When Gally kept walking, Alby and Newt jogged over to him. Yet still, he kept walking. Next, Frypan and Minho jogged over and held him still. I sat there emotionless, leaning against the tree. No one dared speak to me, all eyes were watching Gally.

I quietly got up and snuck over to the deadheads. My eyes drooped, so I laid down on the ground and was out in the next few minutes. Dreams, visions, and nightmares fought there way into my head.

—————

•Dream•

"You know why you are being sent Casey. You must inform them. Don't wait."

Images of the boy filled my head.

The same brown hair and light skin.

Thomas.

His name was Thomas.

"Casey. Pay attention. So when you get into the maze, you must heart one of the Gladers. Don't kill, just hurt. Next they throw you out into the maze, banishing you. Then obviously, you die. Causing them not to trust a girl ever again. Got it?"

"Casey? Did you hear me?"

"Casey?"

•Dream•

—————

"Casey? Did you hear me? Casey wake up?"

I suddenly jolted up banging my head against someone else's head.

"Ahh, Casey." They whined.

Minho. Whoops.

"Sorry." I mumbled

I noticed half of the glade was crowded around me.

That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out again.