Chapter 2 - On The Run

O1 - "Let's see here... A white & black hedgehog named Zark... Aquainted with Sinya- I see! Her partner in crime!" 

Overlord One would keep reading through the file.

"The hedgehog has been travelling around the entire planet searching for the meta-mobian Sinya, helped by another meta-mobian known as Exteria..."

Upon reading this Overlord's mood soured. After the capture of Sinya, He had sent some of his men to Sinya's home - The mansion of Exteria's family. There, through an anonymous letter, he vaugely caught them up to speed and had threatened Exteria's family to pay the MNS a hefty fee every month and to keep Sinya's capture a secret, along with installing cameras within their home to monitor them, lest they suffer a terrible fate. They had begrudgingly accepted, but alas, the daughter had broken the deal...

O1 - "Hrng... I will deal with them later, now I have another target on my sights-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Zero-Five entered the room, escorting an officer of the MNS inside the archive room:

05 - "Sir, this officer wishes to speak to you."

Overlord One hastily hid the files, hoping Zero-Five wouldn't notice. He then turned around and saluted the officer:

O1 -"What is it officer?"

O -"General, we have recieved an emergency distress call from one of our Outposts. It's being attacked by The Steelcore Crusaders!"

O1 - "Damn these insurrectionists. Send reinforcements immediately, That outpost should NOT fall into the terrorists' hands!"

O - "But sir, most of our current forces stationed at our Headquarters are reserves and trainees, the rest of our main forces are deployed elsewhere! The rookies won't be able to take on that threat!"

O1 - "Worry not officer!"

Overlord One pointed up with his hand, then pulled out a PDA from within his coat. The PDA would turn on, lighting up the general's face with a light-blue hue. He'd tap on it a few times and then perform a sweeping motion. The PDA would say "Beginning transmission.", then Overlord announced 

O1 - "MMS, prepare for deployment, your abilities are needed!"

Overlord would stop the transmission and would turn to the officer next to him.

O1 - "When presented with sheep, officer... you release the wolves. Return to your post and keep me updated on the situation."

The officer would acknowledge his order and would promptly leave the room. After seeing the MMS's performance during their graduation simulation, the general was more than sure that they would be able to take on The Steelcore Crusaders.

The Steelcore Crusaders were an insurrectionist faction of terrorists who really wanted to see the world burn. They had been formed somewhere around March 2022, and were a threat to the MNS. They had been a thorn in Overlord's back for a while now, but every time they attacked, he had successfully pushed them back so far.

As the officer left, Overlord ordered Zero-Five to leave the room once more and await further orders. The general continued to search through the MNS's files, eventually coming across a file about Zark himself. He hastily opened it, hoping to learn more about the mysterious accomplice of Sinya: The hedgehog possessed incredible powers, but was of no meta-mobian origin and wasn't registered as a citizen in any of Mobius's cities. Very little data was available about Zark, which worried Overlord a bit, but he remained confident in Zero-Five's victory. He would keep Zark's file with him as he left the room, ordering Zero-Five to return to her quarters and await deployment in the short future.