Chapter 6:

It was the day after the Carmen movie premiere. My phone kept ringing and going off, I grabbed it and left the room, not wanting to wake up my husband or daughter. I went into the living room and answered the phone. "Hi, is this Melissa Barrera", Melissa "yes. Can I ask who's speaking", "my name is Brandon. I work for dancing with the stars", Melissa "what's this about", Brandon "your daughter is Avery Barrera-Martinez, and is a actress. Correct", Melissa "yes, that's my daughter. What's going on, I'm quite confused at the moment", "your daughter has been selected to join the cast of dancing with the stars juniors. As a star. I will be her pro mentor, and her partner is revealed when we meet", Melissa "this is not fake right", Brandon "no, our producer emailed everything to you. We would like to fly you all out to Los Angeles this summer for filming and all that. How's that sound", Melissa "sounds like a plan", I hung up the phone. And was in complete shock, and knew Avery was gonna be so happy. Once he was awake I told my husband the news, Xavier "that's great babe, she's filming this summer right", Melissa "yep, pretty much the whole summer we're gonna spend in Los Angeles", Xavier "how's the baby doing in there", Melissa "fine. Kicked me a few times". Xavier kissed my stomach before going to the kitchen to get his coffee.

2 days later

"Got the call two days ago announcing that our girl was joining the cast of Dancing with the Stars juniors

"Got the call two days ago announcing that our girl was joining the cast of Dancing with the Stars juniors. Meet her partner Artyon. Just look at her in her dress, today they perform on Dancing with the Stars, I'm so proud of this girl. Dancing is hard work, but it could also be so much fun. Can't wait to watch her rock the show with the rest of cast".
5pm
We had just had dinner, me, Xavier and Jenna had been sitting in the audience waiting for the juniors to take the stage for their performance.

I was so proud of Avery.
A moment later I got a phone call. Melissa "babe I'm gonna go take this", Xavier "okay", he said before going over to our daughter to hug her, Avery "is mommy okay", Xavier "yeah, she's just taking a phone call", Avery "okay papi", Melissa left backstage to take the call. Melissa "hello", James "hey Melissa. How's it going", Melissa "Hey James. Everything is good", James "is your daughter around", Melissa "yeah. She's with my husband. Everything okay", James "everything is great actually that's why I'm calling. I wanted you to be the first to know that we are producing scream 7 and you know we of course want the final girl to return", Melissa "oh my gosh. That's amazing, and I would love to return as Sam Carpenter", James "we would also love to have Avery come back as Ella", Melissa "oh my gosh. Of course", James "it was good chatting with you. I'm going to reach out to the others and let them know the news", Melissa "okay. Thank you so much for letting me know, I can't wait to film again with you and the best cast mates". After hanging up the phone i went back to Xavier and Avery. Avery "Mommy. Mommy did you like our dance", Melissa "mi Vida, I loved it so much. It was fun to watch, I'm so proud of you. That dance was amazing", Xavier "we should head back to the hotel, you know she'll be performing her first dance this week with her partner", Melissa "I know I'm so excited, I can't wait", after heading back to our hotel Avery was fast asleep. Xavier "how's the baby treating you", Melissa "kicking me constantly, I keep craving for some things I've never even had before", Xavier "that's pretty common", Melissa "I hope she's okay. She was telling me that her stomach was bothering her and she performs next week", Xavier "I am sure she'll be better before the day comes", Melissa "I really hope she does feel better", Avery "mommy. I threw up", Melissa "I'm coming, mi Vida", Melissa went to the room, Avery "I'm sorry mommy", Avery hid, Melissa "mi Vida come here please", Avery came out and went over to her mother crying, Melissa "does it hurt that bad my love", Avery "mommy", Melissa "shh", Xavier "hey. I'll clean this up, why don't you try and put her to bed, I'll get her some ginger ale when I'm finished",
Melissa "okay".

2 days later.
Xavier had gotten out of work due to a panic phone call from his daughter, he rushed home. Only to find his wife and daughter not there, "are you Xavier", Xavier "yes, where is my wife and daughter", "they were taken to the hospital. I could take you there", Xavier "I'm not going anywhere. What happened to my wife and daughter", "your daughter is fine, your wife was hit by a car", Xavier "my wife is pregnant", Xavier rushed to the hospital. "My wife was admitted here", "what is her name", Xavier "Melissa Barrera Martinez", "third floor,  room 312, here's your pass, you could take this elevator up", Xavier went up immediately. Rossana "why did you take so long", Xavier "I got held up in traffic. Where's my daughter"? Avery "papi", Avery jumped into her father's arms. Xavier "tell me what happened", Avery "we we're going to pick something up, and the car came out of nowhere and hit mommy. I called the police papi, I called for help. Is my baby brother or sister gonna die", Xavier "mi amor. No, mommy is gonna be okay and so is the baby", Avery hugged her dad tightly. Xavier picked her up and they went inside the room, Xavier grabbed Melissa's hand, Melissa "it all happened so fast. I didn't even see the car coming. I had to let it hit me", Xavier "why would it need to hit you", Melissa "the car was coming in the direction where Avery was standing beside me, I moved so I would get hit and not her", "Ms and Mr Martinez could I have a word with you two", Avery lied in the bed beside her mother. "So there wasn't no damaged to the baby in your stomach, but unfortunately the baby is now currently in an uncomfortable position", Xavier "what the hell does that mean", "the baby's bottom is currently by her cervix", Xavier "is that a bad thing", "not exactly but before you give birth I will need to turn the baby around". Melissa spend two days in the hospital before she was released and todays show debut for Avery.

Melissa wrote on her social media, "it's debut day for our baby girl

Melissa wrote on her social media, "it's debut day for our baby girl. Can't wait to cheer her on. Thanks so everyone who's been asking about me and the baby. We are both doing great after the accident, enough of that. Look at my girl in yellow, she's so stunning. Please vote for my baby girl and her partner, stay tuned for more. Mi Vida I am so proud of you, I love you so much Avery".