Chapter 8:

Melissa had been up all morning, Carmen had been out for a few days now and she still hadn't taken her daughter to see it. So she's gonna surprise her with tickets to see it today. Avery "mommy mommy", Melissa "Buenos días, mi vida", Avery "Buenos días, mami", Melissa "¿Sabes qué?" Avery "Lo que", Melissa "La abuela va a cuidar a tu hermano mientras papá y yo vamos a ver a Carmen", Avery "Vamos a ver a Carmen", Melissa "sí. ¿Por qué no vas a cepillarte los dientes? ¿Qué quieres desayunar, cariño?" Avery "Tostadas francesas, mami", Melissa "okay mi amor". Xavier "Buenos días, mi esposa", Melissa "Buenos días, mi marido". Xavier "where's the princess", Melissa "brushing her teeth. We're gonna go see Carmen today", Xavier "isn't there a sex scene in your movie, Avery can't see that", Melissa "don't worry baby, I'm gonna cover her eyes for that part of the movie", Xavier "okay. You had me worried there for a sec", Melissa "you should know I'm not gonna allow our ten year old to watch a sex scene", Xavier kissed his wife on the forehead. Melissa starts cooking breakfast, Xavier "what about Mateo", Melissa "my mom is watching him", Xavier "okay". Avery "mommy I'm done", Melissa "Come sit mi Vida", Avery "I want my tablet mommy", Melissa "mi Vida just start eating, daddy will get your tablet". Xavier went and got Avery her tablet and Mateo who was crying.
Xavier "he's hungry mi amor", Melissa "give me him", Melissa took off her top and started breastfeeding him, Avery "mommy I'm full", Melissa "one more bite love", Avery "but mommy", Melissa "mija", Avery "ugh fine",  Melissa "don't give me no attitude, because you could stay home", Avery "no mommy", she instantly cried. Melissa "mi Vida it was a joke", Melissa picked her daughter up and started rocking her to calm her down, Melissa "go to your room and get dressed. We are gonna be leaving soon to the theater", Avery "okay mommy", Melissa and Xavier had been in NYC for a while visiting. Avery "mommy mommy. I wanna wear this", Melissa "okay baby, but go get dressed we gotta get going. We are leaving soon", Avery "okay mommy. I'm going mommy".

(Avery's outfit)Anthony "what's up", Melissa "oh my god

(Avery's outfit)
Anthony "what's up", Melissa "oh my god. It's so good to see you", hugging her coworker.

(Melissa's outfit, Anthony's outfit, and Xavier's outfit)

Anthony "ya ready to go", Xavier "yeah. How you been", Anthony "I've been good", Xavier "mi esposa you ready", Melissa "yeah I'm coming right now", they left the hotel and took the train to the movie theater.

Avery "this is a movie theater", Melissa "yes

Avery "this is a movie theater", Melissa "yes. Mi Vida. Go upstairs, but be careful", Avery "I am mommy", they went inside and headed to the worker to give them their tickets. "Alright that's gonna be downstairs and to the right", Melissa "thank you", "wait a minute. Aren't you the girl on this front cover picture", Melissa "yes. That's me. I play Carmen", "omg it is such an honor having you at our theater", Melissa "I'm happy to be here", "enjoy the film", Melissa "we definitely will". The four of them headed down the escalator and to the concession stand. Melissa "baby girl do you want anything", Avery "sour patch and water", Xavier "we got it. Why don't you go find our seats. Do you want anything mi amor", Melissa "Sam thing as the princess", Xavier "okay", Avery held Melissa's hand as they headed inside the theater, going to the front to take their seats. Once it came to that time, they all silenced their cell phones, and lights turned off and the movie finally started. Avery "mommy it's starting", Melissa "I know baby. I know". After the movie was finished, Carmen "what do you think mi Vida", Avery "I loved it. You did so good mommy. I'm proud of you", Melissa "aww thanks mi Vida", Xavier "yeah. You're performance in this film was amazing", Melissa "thank you".

"From the movie set

"From the movie set. Thank you to all the producers and directors for this amazing film. I'm beyond grateful given the opportunity to play Carmen. This story touched my heart so much from the beginning when I got the role. I'm so thankful for my husband for traveling with me while I was filming, along with our ten year old daughter. This movie was supposed to be released a year ago but it all got pushed back, I can say that it was worth the wait. The film is such an incredible film, and I had so much fun working with all my cast and crew for this film. I'm pretty sure my daughter isn't gonna stop imitating my character from the movie, we loved it so much in a few days we got invited to a private screening of the film, I'll be doing an interview and will be joined by my daughter and my amazing husband Xavier. Thanks for all the support and love for this film, I had the pleasure of creating this masterpiece with so many talented actors, I'm so sad that I'll no longer be going to my set for Carmen but I'm so happy that my fans and the world get to see it. To everyone who has seen it thank you so much and to everyone that hasn't seen it. Go check out Carmen now, you can see it now in NYC and Los Angeles. I'm so thankful for everything. - Melissa".

Melissa started to notice avery rubbing her face, her daughter had been up all morning and was pretty tired. Melissa "mi Vida. Come here", Melissa went over to her mom and her mom picked her up. Avery instantly fell asleep, Xavier "want me to take her", Melissa "I've got her", Xavier "you sure. Looks like you could use a break", Melissa "lol", Xavier grabbed her from Melissa and held her. Xavier "where are we going now", Melissa "not sure yet", Xavier "we could go home. Anthony your free to come over and hang out", Anthony "sure. I would love to", he said as they headed back to the hotel. Xavier put Avery in her room, Xavier "what time is your mom dropping off the baby", Xavier "I told her she could have him for the weekend", Xavier "okay that's cool", Melissa "I just realized since Anthony is here Avery might ask us to put on In the Heights and she's gonna mimic the whole movie", Xavier "lol. You're right about that", Avery "mommy", Melissa "let me go see what she wants", Melissa went to her daughter's room, Avery "I'm sorry mommy. I'm really sorry", Melissa "hey. It's okay. Maybe too much candy", Melissa helped her daughter out of the bed so she wouldn't have to step on throw up and Melissa cleaned the floor up before throwing all her bedding into the washer. After cleaning Avery up, they went to the lounge area. Melissa "she has a fever".