Stay the Night

Summary: Harry's hanging out at Louis' dorm and it gets late so he decides to just sleep over

~~

Louis' glad it's Friday. It's been a long week, and he isn't sure he could make it through another day of classes without a break.

Not just a break, though. He doesn't want time to just pause over the weekend, he needs to actually relax. Unwind.

Maybe he should call Harry to see if he's free. Whenever he hangs out with his best friend his shoulders seem a bit lighter.

The 5 o'clock sun beats down on the pavement as Louis heads back to his dorm, climbing the stairs until he reaches room 17B. He starts to unlock the door, but stops abruptly when he hears soft music playing from inside. He lives alone in a single dormitory, no one should be inside, and he didn't leave on any music before he left.

Silently, he clicks the lock open and gently eases the door on its hinges, sticking his head in to glance around for any intruders.

When he sees who it is, he sighs and steps into the room, shaking his head in amusement.

Half of Harry is visible, everything from the hips and below hidden by Louis' sheets and blankets. Laying on his side, Harry's face is pressed to Louis' pillow, arms hugging it to him and chest rising and falling steadily.

Moving closer, Louis can see the boy's mouth hanging slightly open, cheek smushed against the same pillow Louis' face had been pressed to this morning.

The room was small but cluttered, so the noises Louis made didn't echo too loudly. Nearly fifteen minutes passed, which consisted of him unpacking his bag, picking up a few messes he's sure Harry had noticed, and microwaving a burrito before cursing it out cause he somehow managed to burn it.

Harry's groggy Hey, Lou startles Louis, who had been in the middle of debating whether smashing the microwave with a sledgehammer or tossing it off the roof would be a better way to destroy it.

Straightening, Louis turns to the other, discreetly tossing the burrito into the trash can. "Hey, Haz. How are you feeling?"

"M'alright." Harry murmurs softly, a quiet grunt escaping him with a large stretch. "You?"

"Been better." Louis admits, flopping himself down onto the bed beside Harry. "Long day. All my professors seem to be pitted against me."

His sentence starts out cold, but instantly turns warm and gentle as Harry curls into him, his face nuzzling Louis' side and arm thrown across his waist.

"I'm sorry." Harry sympathizes. "What'd they do?"

It doesn't really matter what they did anymore, nothing matters now that he's got Harry wrapped around him.

"Just homework and stuff. Essays and all that."

"Hm. Sounds annoying. I hate writing essays."

A silence surrounds them for a few moments until Louis' heart is beating too fast for it anymore. How could anyone's heart not be sprinting a marathon with such a precious person snuggled up against them?

"How did you get in anyway?"

"I asked the custodian. She said she recognized me and knew I wasn't breaking in so she unlocked the door for me."

"Actually, Harry, breaking in is exactly what you did." Louis retorts, making Harry scoff and- no, wait!- roll over.

With a heavy sigh, the boy sits up, swinging his legs off the edge of the bed and rising.