Written in these Walls

Summary: Some of the boys ended on rocky terms after the band broke up, and Harry and Louis haven't spoken since. But tomorrow is Harry's birthday, and Louis released his first album today.

~~

A beam of sunlight strikes Harry's face, his eyes instinctively squinting, a small groan escaping his throat as he throws an arm over his eyes to block it. Slowly, he rolls over in his sheets, feeling them pull and twist around his legs. Sinking into the pillows, his mind starts to clear in that way he hates. The way that means he's awake, and he won't be able to fall back to sleep.

After laying in bed for another minute or two, he sits up, blinking lazily. He's met with the familiar sight of his bedroom decorations, most of them sleek and stylish, except for the one corner by his full length mirror. That's Harry's favorite part of his bedroom, because it's the part that feels the most like him. There's polaroids, printed paparazzi pictures, unflattering selfies. Harry loves it. It's his One Direction shrine, he supposes, but not in a creepy way since he was part of the band.

He gasps, breaking the serene morning silence around him.

It's Walls day!

Jumping from his mattress, he rushes to his closet. Pulling out his most incognito sweats and hat, he tugs on a pair of shoes and grabs sunglasses. As he checks himself in the mirror, one particular picture of Harry and Louis laughing together catches his eye, a sad wave of nostalgia washing over him.

He hasn't spoken to Louis in years. It's been almost as long as the band's been on 'a break'. It's not that Harry doesn't want to, he's always really wanted to talk to him. But he and Louis decided it would be good to have some space from each other during the hiatus, mainly because management told them they needed to grow more independent of each other. It was really hard, not being with his boyfriend for so long, but they agreed to the break as long as it meant they could get back together when the band reformed. When the hiatus extended indefinitely, Harry didn't know if that meant their silent treatment would too. So he never reached out. Neither did Louis.

But that's not what he should be focusing on today. Today is a happy day. It's Walls day. Louis' debut solo album is releasing- is already released. Glancing at his phone, Harry curses at the time. He had wanted to run out and buy the album early, when the stores wouldn't be too busy. He overslept though, and now it's past noon.

Twenty minutes later, he's at the store, pulling in to one of the far parking spots. Pulling the hood of his sweatshirt over his head, he heads into the store, hopefully inconspicuously. He can't walk too secretively, because that would be as suspicious as if he walked in there in one of his concert outfits. Luckily, ten years of learning the walk has helped him to perfect it.

He reaches the vinyl section easily enough, smiling when he sees only two copies left. They must be selling. Choosing the less beat up one, he heads off to the self checkout aisle, scanning and paying for it before practically skipping out of the store. As he's on his way back to the car, he smiles down at the album cover, flipping it over and admiring it. Louis looks very good on the cover, he must admit. Very handsome.

When he arrives back at his house, he rushes to his record player, ripping the plastic covering off Walls and excitedly putting it on. He's about to set the needle on it when his phone chirps.

From Niall : Smooth, H.

There's a link to an article attached, and Harry clicks on it curiously. He's immediately met with a blurry photo of him. It's very obvious it's him though, adorned in a black hoodie and gray sweatpants, a beam on his face as he looks at what he's holding. The title reads "Harry Styles spotted swooning over ex-bandmate Louis Tomlinson's newest release".