Opening Act, Closing Act

Summary: Harry is Louis' opening act for a world tour, and there's a tension that people can sense between the two performers.

Feel free to vote and comment :)

~~

"Is this everyone? Everyone's here?"

A series of 'yes' and 'yeah' meet Louis' question as everyone gathers around. Standing on one of the production boxes, he does a last scan of his team to make sure they're all here.

"Where's Styles?" He doesn't see the boy in the throng.

"Does it matter? He's not part of the main act."

"Everyone matters." Louis snaps at the voice. He knows some of his crew haven't taken to the newest addition too kindly, whether it's his flamboyant personality or simply the fact that he's new, Louis doesn't know.

"Let me go find him, give me a second." Louis calls to his band and crew, backing away from their huddled circle. "Does anyone know where he is?"

"Probably panicking in his dressing room."

Hopefully that's not true. The man has to be out on stage in less than ten minutes, if he's panicking right now, then Louis chose the wrong act to open for his tour.

Harry Styles didn't seem like he was a panicker when he and Louis first met, or during any of the few times between then and now. If anything, he seemed a little reserved. Like there's much more to him that he wants to show but won't. Still, this is his first big gig as a performer. It's understandable if he is freaking out a bit. But Louis wants to help him relax and assimilate into his new family.

Styles' dressing room is a little down the hall from Louis' own, easily recognizable from the- Louis wants to call it an eyesore but he doesn't want to be rude- unique collage of pictures the boy's hung up on the door. It's as if he is trying to personalize it to feel more homely.

Knocking firmly, Louis takes a step back. His brow furrows when he hears a sudden silence from within. He hadn't even registered it, but the lack of blaring Ed Sheeran music makes it clear that it had been switched off.

The door cracks open, just enough for Harry to peek out of before it's swung closed again, accompanied by a quiet shit. Ten seconds pass before Harry opens the door wide enough for him to slip out, shutting it behind him with a smile.

"Hey, Louis. What's up?"

Louis eyes the bright pink headband holding back Harry's locks, sending the boy into a frenzy as he tries to yank it off. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Yes. I am. Why?"

"You seem on edge. And we're talking in the hallway instead of your room." Louis has no problem with it, Harry's obvious nervousness is rather amusing to him. Endearing, maybe.

"Oh. I mean, you can come in if you want but," Harry pauses, cheeks flushing. "It's kind of messy."

"Messy? You've been here for four hours." Stepping forward, his hand reaches for the knob as Harry sheepishly ducks out of the way.

"I was just-"

Louis opens the door to see an explosion of pink and blue and purple and yellow throughout the room. A suitcase lies open on the floor, clearly the carrier of the chaos. Sunglasses of all different colors and shapes sit atop the the dressing table. Harry had clearly been trying them on. Colorful necklaces, boas, hats and everything else is strewn across the room, a speaker sitting on the desk top.

"-hyping myself up." Harry finishes his sentence almost inaudibly. "I promise I'm going to clean it all up." He's expecting Louis to be pissed, to think someone who's only an opening act shouldn't think so highly of themselves that they need such hype.