Part One: Bondita's departure from Roy Choudhary Haveli

The members of Roy Choudhary haveli were shocked beyond words when Anirudh married Manorama. They were speechless. The only thing they were worried about was Bondita. But what shocked them most was Bondita's reaction to Anirudh's conditions.

Bondita: How could you do this to me, patibabu? What have I ever done to you? Why are you doing this? Please tell me patibabu, I'll fix everything but please ask her (manorama) to go away from here. I'm your wife not her.
Anirudh : Bondita, talk to her and about her respectfully. She's my wife after all. Aur tumahare pass bas dohi choices hain. Ek: tum manorama ko choti patni mano yah hostel ka form bharo. Tumhe aaj or abhi yeh faisla lena hain bondita. Sab kuch tumahare faisla ka upar nirbhar karta hain.

After listening to Anirudh's conditions, everyone was shocked. Specially, kaka.

Ksj: Anirudh, what are you saying? Are you hearing yourself talk? Did you really just ask her to choose from either accepting manorama as choti patni or going to hostel? What happened to you, Anirudh? You have absolutely lost your mind. I do not accept this. Babu won't go anywhere.

Anirudh :kaka, aap is vishay main kuch na kahe toh hi behtar hain. Bondita ko in do sharto main sain ak ko chunna he hoga. Batao bondita, kya hain tumhata faisla?

Till now, bondita hadn't uttered a single word. She was shocked by her beloved patibabu's conditions. She was staring at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe that her patibabu who told her that he cannot leave without her is asking her these. She wanted to cry, scream and ask her husband that why is he doing this to her. But she kept quite and took a decision that changed everything.

Bondita : I do not accept either of this conditions. I neither will accept her (mano) as choti patni nor will i fill the hostel form.

After hearing her answer, some villagers started taunting her.

Villager 1: how manner-less you are? Do you not know how to respect you husband's decision?

Villager 2: yes, you are absolutely right. Such a shameless girl. I'll never understand why these people don't kick her out.

Anirudh started getting furious after listening to their taunts but controlled himself and said : bondita, bakwas band karo tum. Tumhe in do sharto mein sain kisi ak ko chunna hoga. Yeh toh tum yeh bari badi patni hone ka rasam nibhayoge or manorama ko choti patni ka darja toge or agar woh nahi kya toh hostel jaoge.

Bondita: main nahi badi patni hone ka rasam karungi or nahi main inhe choti patni ka darja dungi.

Bondita's answer made anirudh extremely happy! He thought that Bondita had finally gave up on her patni dharma, patni sukh bakwas. He thought that bondita had chosen the second condition as in she had accepted to go to hostel. But oh boy, was he wrong.

Anirudh: so you have chosen to go go hostel? I knew, you'd take a good decision bondita. You have finally realized how worthless all those things you have done till now.

Bondita: Arrey arrey barrister babu, jara sabar toh kijiya. Puri baat toh sunlijiya meri. Mujhe apki koi bhi shart manzoor nahi hain. Mujhe nahi rasam karna hain or nahi hostel jana hain. Mera faisla toh kuch or hain.

Anirudh: tum yeh kya keh rahi ho bondita? Kya matlab hain tumahara? Kya faisla liya hain tumne agar shart nahi mani toh?

Bondita: I, bondita Roy Choudhary, have decided to break all the ties with Anirudh Roy Choudhary. I no longer want to be his wife or be the bahu of this family. I will go far away from this house and all the members of this family.

The word shock would be an understatement because nothing could ever explain what they were feeling. Bondita's voice wasn't bubbly and full of live like before. It was ice cold. Her mischievous eyes no longer had the sparkle that warmed everyone's heart. It was distant and emotionless. They could hear the seriousness in her voice. They understood she wasn't playing about leaving.

Ksj: "BAHU", he screamed. Are you even hearing yourself talk? What do you mean by you'll leave us and this house? You are our "grihlaxmi", bahu. You are not going anywhere. I'll not let it happen.

A lone tear left Anirudh's eyes as he still couldn't believe what his ears heard. His little Bondita was talking about leaving him. His Bondita, who always wanted to be with him now wanted to leave. His lil bondita wants to break their precious bond. His heart was burning. The pain was unbearable. But he controlled himself and said: kya bakwas kar rahi ho bondita? Kya matlab ki tum yeh rishta tod rahi ho? Kya matlab ki tum yeh ghar chodke ja rahi ho? Tum kahi nahj jaogi. Tum bas hostel jaogi, samjhi?

Bondita: Maine jo kaha woh apne suna hain, "barrister babu". Main hostel nagi jaungi. Main yeh ghar or aap sabko chodkar ja rahi hun. Maine aaplogo jitna takleef di uske liya maafi. Maaf kar dena mujhe. Aab mein chalti hun. Alvida.

Anirudh froze. Bondita just called him barrister babu. Not patibabu, not birristra babu. Barrister babu. No words left his mouth as he saw her retreating figure. He wanted to run after her, call after her but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He sat on his knees and started crying silently. Ksj and other family members were trying to stop bondita. But she paid no heed to their pleads and left.

Ksj: anirudh, ja uske piche. Rok le use anirudh. Usse ase jaane mat de. Woh agar akbar chali gayi toh fir lautana bohot mushkil hoga. Ja anirudh.

But ani didn't move. He just cried. Ksj got mad and said: haan bas role yaha bethke. Har bar apne fitoori ke chakkar tune bahu ka dil dukhaya meine kuch nahi kaha. Par iss bar sunle anirudh, agar tune meri bahu ko lautaka na laya toh mera mara muh dekhe ga. And after that he left.

Slowly, all the villager left from their. Bihari and koyli were silently crying and praying to dugga ma.

Anirudh suddenly got up and rushed to his study and locked the door.

__________________________________
Hi lovies!! I hope you guys liked the first chapter. I tried my best:) please do let me know about what you think of this chapter in the comments <3