Chapter 1 - The Unknown

Skeleton was packing up the boxes of what remained from the theft. Those stupid Wither Skeletons just didn't know when to quit, did they?
His father was helping, grabbing things off the piles of rocks that Skeleton couldn't reach yet.
He was upset, that was obvious, yet he tried to put on a brave face for Skeleton. He didn't want his son to see him in this state of depression. It hurt the younger even more to know the fact that he purposely wouldn't cry.

"You don't need to hold your feelings back, father. I-... it's okay to be upset." The younger mob said, dropping the crate he was holding and approaching his father to help him unload. Not that there was much to salvage anyways. He towards his son, a look of genuine sadness in his eyes.

"I... you're right. I just... I can't help but feel I let the family down. I wasn't strong enough to stop them..." Skeleton just looked back over to the boxes he was supposed to be moving.
Ever since the Wither Skeletons had been attacking, nowhere had been safe for them.
They all had it bad, but his dad had it the worst by far. He took it all upon himself to protect the family, and the stress because of it was definitely not a good thing.

Skeleton had heard his parents arguing about it some nights while his siblings were asleep.

"Come on Harold! We can't keep living like this! Think of the kids!"

"I am thinking of the kids Amber! I'm the one protecting them when we're attacked! You're just hiding!"

"It's not my fault I don't particularly want to die! The kids should know that it's okay to hide!"

He didn't like listening to them arguing. He liked it before the attacks, when they were a happy family.
But that would never happen again.

=====

"Happy 16th birthday, mate! C'mon, open your gifts!" His father said, handing him a slightly lopsided cake, which was accompanied with a lopsided smile. Skeleton didn't mind though; even though it looked a little off, his father's cooking was really good.

His mother smiled at him, before handing him a small box. Pulling on the top of the wooden box, he gasped in shock.
It was a power V punch II bow with infinity. He felt the smooth curves of the bow, the shiny purple after glow pulsing on and off.

"Holy fu-"

"Oi! Watch your language. We thought you might wanted to leave the cave soon to start your own life, as you've kinda been hinting about it for a while..." Harold grinned at him, holding up his hands in mock defence as Skeleton picked up the bow and aimed it at him.

"You don't have to leave immediately, and you can stay here as long as you want. But just know it's your choice." Amber laughed at his response, confirming Skeleton's suspicions of what she was going to say.
He nodded at her gratefully.

"Me! Me! Open mine next, bubba!" His little sister Gally shouted excitedly, shoving a present in front of his face. Skeleton laughed at her childish attitude, and in turn began opening her present.
Inside was a small ring with a little diamond gem on what was supposed to be the front.
Their parents were shocked at this present, as they weren't expecting their 9 year old daughter to get him... well, anything of value.

"Where..- what?! Where did you get this?!" Their father asked in surprise, bending down to get level with his daughter.

"So I found one of them iron
ingot-y thingies, and I hit it with your hammer! Then there was a hole in the middle, so I carried on hitting it! Then I found a little shiny thing, and I put it on the front! Do you like it?" Skeleton didn't know what to say. It was beautiful for what it was, considering it had been done by a 9 year old.

"I..- I absolutely love it! I will treasure it forever! Thank you, Gals!" The young girl merely laughed at her brother's antics, wrapping her arms around him in an admittedly very tight hug. Their parents couldn't stop themselves from 'Aw'ing, and a photo was snapped.

Skeleton gave a happy sigh - despite the robbery, everything was going back to how it had been before. Everything was good.

=====

It was the middle of the day, the Skeleton family were sleeping. Skeleton figured that he'd sort out when he was leaving tomorrow night.
The only thing he wasn't counting on: He would never get the chance to say goodbye.

A loud CRASH was heard only a few rooms away from where Skeleton was sleeping. He awoke with a jolt, looking around in panic.
The same crash was heard again, he heard his parents shouting and Gally screaming.
Skeleton shot up, pulling the bow off of his nightstand and stashing it in his inventory, before cautiously going to check where the noises were coming from.

"Mother? Father?" He yelled slightly, raising his voice as he entered his parents room. What he saw both terrified and froze him in place. His words got stuck in his throat - or, well, they might've done if he had one.

His father and mother, both fighting off Wither Skeletons, Gally held firmly by another. Skeleton readied his bow, as his father turned to look him straight in the eyes.

"Oran. Leave now!"

"But father-"

"LEAVE NOW!"

His father yelled. Wanting to follow what his father told, but also wanting to help, he released the arrow that was loaded, before  sprinting out of the cave and towards whatever lay in the unknown.

=====

Mmmmmm I'm tired. I'll do the rest tomorrow :D