Chapter 7 - Sleep? What's That?

Skeleton couldn't sleep. Even coming outside and in the forest, away from Wither, sleep just wasn't there.
Then again, it was bright, but in the forest, light was mostly blocked out by the trees. The occasional dapple of light would come through the trees every now and again, and burn Skeleton, who was trying not to get hit.
He put his head down, and for the first time since he'd got there, began crying. Crying for his mom, his dad, his little sister, those who he thought he would never see again, all thanks to the spiteful, horrid, WITHER SKELETONS!!

=====

Wither had finally decided to get up and go and look for Skeleton. Walking into the forest, he realised that it was actually quite a nice place in the day. But that wasn't the point and he needed to stop getting distracted and begin focusing. A mob was out here physically getting hurt, and here he was, thinking about the scenery!

"Pull yourself together, Wither!" Wither shook his head, his eyes darting around to see if Skeleton was anywhere near him. He was snapped out of his thoughts as soon as he saw Skeleton. The latter had his head in his arms, burn marks over his hands, arms, and legs.

...

And he was crying.

Wither's soul twisted at this, he didn't like to see anyone in pain. Walking over to Skeleton, he saw that he was majorly hurt. Although wither hated to admit it, this was partly his fault. Maybe he should have convinced skeleton to come inside to talk...

"Skeleton. You need to get back inside. Now would be preferred." Skeleton looked up, pure hatred in his eyes.

"Leave."

Anger laced his voice as his hands closed into fists. However, Wither really wasn't dealing with this at the moment, and rolled his eyes.

"No." Wither said, refusing to do what the other wanted. Despite not knowing him for that long, he could already tell that Skeleton despised his kind. It wasn't that obvious when they were with the other mobs, but with the glares Skeleton sent him? Wither was pretty sure that look could kill god.

He walked over to Skeleton and picked him up using his abilities. He didn't want to get physical with Skeleton if he could help it, he didn't know if the other would want it. He probably wouldn't. Skeleton just looked at him in anger.

"Put me down!"

"No." Wow Wither was saying that a lot lately, huh? Oh well. Wither teleported back to the house, and into his room, not wanting to burn him anymore by walking back. Putting Skeleton in his bed, he walked over to his cauldron.

"What are you doing...?" Skeleton asked suspiciously, as Wither turned back around to face him, holding a couple of bottles of a reddish coloured liquid.

"Drink this." He said, attempting to give one to Skeleton, but he just pushed it away.

"I'm not drinking that. I don't need help from a Wither Skeleton." With a sigh, Wither walked back over to the cauldron, and came back to him a few minutes later. The only thing different was the bottles.

"Give me your arm."

"No— hey!" Skeleton attempted to deny all help from the other, but Wither wasn't having it. Grabbing Skeleton's arm, and poured the liquid over the burns. Skeleton struggled against the grip, but as soon as he felt the soothing sensation that it gave, he stopped.

After the rest of it was done, Wither turned to Skeleton, before sucking in a breath.

Skeleton had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

Wither breathed a sigh of relief, before bringing Skeleton into his own room.

=====

"Wither! Skeleton! Glad to see that you're not late today, Wither." Wither just ignored him, earning a sigh from Herobrine. With a groan, Wither began his typical night by floating above his desk and closing his eyes. He couldn't wait to actually go to sleep. Herobrine let him sleep in lessons sometimes as he knew the work.