Chapter 5 - And They Were Roommates

Skeleton wasn't really getting this school thing, if he were to be honest. Sure, he'd been to a "school" before - although he wasn't exactly sure if it could be classed as a school - but he had been kicked out. Their reasoning was because he was too smart, pretty much, and that there wasn't much they could do to help him, but he wasn't sure if there was anything else going on besides that.

"Dude? You alright?" Pigman was the one that startled him out of his daydream, waving a hand in front of Skeleton. He had got closer with Pigman throughout the week that he'd been there - hell, he had gotten closer with all of them. All but one... whatever. There was no use thinking about it.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's up?" Pigman's face lit up at that.

"We're getting our own houses tomorrow! In the Overworld as well! That means I don't have to walk ages to get to school!" Skeleton thought back to what Zombie had told him before he'd joined Monster School. That they were all getting houses? Where would they put seven houses, not including Herobrine?

"And the best thing about this? You room with the mob next to you in class! I get to share a house with Zombie, isn't that cool?" Pigman droned on, excited about moving in, but Skeleton had froze. Zombie was with Pigman, Slime was with Creeper, Enderman would probably get his own house with higher up counters and stuff, so no use for anyone else to be there. Who did that leave? That's right, Wither.

No. Nononono.

Skeleton had been avoiding him for a reason. Now they had to share a house? Couldn't Skeleton sleep outside? He'd done that before. But he doubted Herobrine would let him. From what Skeleton had found out, he was pretty protective of his students.

"...bro? You keep zoning out." Skeleton just assured Pigman that he was fine before leaving to go back to Zombie's house. That's where he's been staying a little before he joined the school. Entering, he plonked himself down on the sofa. That's when he heard rustling from the kitchen. It sounded like the freezer was open.

"Hey Zomb? Can you toss me some ice cream?" Skeleton asked, slightly raising his voice so he could be heard from the kitchen. The noises stopped, bet then continued. Skeleton closed his eyes for a minute, dropping his head into his hands. All this thinking was giving him a major headache.

Suddenly, a magnum was dropped onto him, and he startled up.

"Zombie?! What the f-"

It wasn't Zombie.

It was Wither.

In Zombie's house.

What the fuck?

"Hey. Just getting snacks for me and Zombie. We're in the garden if you wanna join us." Wither paused, before turning back to the mob sat on the sofa, still watching him warily.

"Uh... I wanted to congratulate you for getting 87% on my test. The, uh, switch up has happened multiple times before, they never got above 40%. Um, yeah." Skeleton could swear that he heard Wither mutter something along the lines of 'this is so awkward' under his breath, but he didn't mention it.

=====

"So, I told you all that you all would be sharing a house with the person that you sit next to in class. Skeleton, now that your here, your roommate will be Wither. Now, I've made sure the houses are big enough for you all, but if you have any issues, please come tell me."

Skeleton froze once again.

Roommates?!

With him?!

Fuck.

Okay. He can do this. Skeleton follows the others outside, so that Herobrine can show him which house is his (Wither already knows), but the latter puts his hand on Skeleton's shoulder, making him shudder slightly. Wither notices this, but doesn't say anything.

"I know where we're going, I can take you if you want? Since we're roommates, you know?"

Skeleton swallows.
Not really-

"Yeah sure, that would be great."

"Okay, well, close your eyes, the others usually get nauseous when I teleport them."

"Teleport?-" Wither teleported him and Skeleton to the front of a house in front of a large grassy field, filled with flowers. Skeleton loved flowers, but it wasn't known to everyone. He had had a few types of flowers back at the cave he lived in, in his opinion, they were awesome. Behind it was a forest, leading on to a lake. The water shimmered in the moonlight, reflecting the silver moonbeams. Skeleton gasped, and Wither grinned proudly.

"Yeah... I managed to snag the best house." Skeleton still didn't trust Wither, and he had a right to do so, but the house that they were sharing was amazing, he would admit that.

Skeleton swung open the door and stepped inside, and it was like a mini palace.
Checking out all of the rooms, one of the caught Skeleton's attention the most.
A massive drawing room, one perfect for artists, it's was already stacked with paper and filled with the finest sketching pencils and pens.

"You can have this room, I've never been one for art." Wither said, making Skeleton jump, he forgot that he was behind him.

=====

"So are you alright with your house and your roommate, everyone?" Skeleton wasn't that happy having a Wither Skeleton as a roommate, and wanted to change, but everyone else seemed happy with theirs and he didn't want to ruin their happiness.
So he just nodded.

Wither didn't really seem to care who he was with.

"So now it's just transferring my stuff now... shit! I'm not gonna have enough space."

"You can have my two chests..." Skeleton didn't really want to get on his bad side, if he could teleport, which Wither Skeletons weren't supposed to do, what else could he do?

"Why? What about your stuff?" He crossed his arms and stared directly at Skeleton, who did the same with the exact intensity.

"I'll be fine." He said, handing over the two chests.

"I already have my stuff in my inventory." Now this seemed to intrigue Wither.

"You don't have much then, huh?"

"Nope." They were silent after that, Wither using his abilities to teleport his stuff to his chests. Skeleton didn't notice, and began stringing his bow up onto the armour stand along with his father's iron helmet.

He refused to take the ring that Gally made off, as it might be lost.

"Hey." Skeleton's head snapped round at the greeting. It came from Wither.

"Where'd you get the ring?"

"My little sister made it for me, if you must know." He swallowed and turned away, refusing to talk about it anymore. He wouldn't talk about the bow or helmet either.

Wither seemed interested in him, which Skeleton hated as he usually hated attention, especially from a Wither Skeleton.

He chose to ignore him, but instead this just gave more curiosity to Wither. As the latter left, Skeleton sat in the drawing room, his head in his hands.

"Roommates. With him."

He sighed and went to get up.

=====

Poor Skeleton
Guess I have to add more angst :D