✨Chapter Four-Why is my Face Red✨

Your POV-

I woke up in my room after crying about what happened yesterday. God...I hated that woman so much!

She also forced me to be catholic. But me and my dad were Jewish! Also! After yesterday, I wasn't allowed to eat!

I sighed and closed my curtains so I could get dressed. But I heard a knock on the window. I open my curtains to see Kyle! I open my window and let him in.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Im sorry about yesterday. Oh and I wanted to give you a proper tour of the neighborhood!" He had a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Okay, but, I have to go get dressed first, I'll be right back!" I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom, put on my green sweater and my black baggy pants, and went back into my room after throwing my clothes into the laundry basket.

When I walked in I saw a boy with red hair, but not Kyle. Maybe he just took off his kite hat thingy.

"Yay you're back! Now let's go!" I had just slipped on my combat boots when he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the window. He opened it and jumped out onto the roof, being careful to make sure I didn't fall. Then he closed the window and climbed down from the roof.

"Ummm, this isn't safe you know!" I was scared that I would fall and hurt myself.

"Don't worry, just jump down!" I looked at him with a worried face but nodded and did as he said. He caught me and placed me back on my feet.

I let out a sigh like I had been holding my breath this whole time.

"See! That wasn't too scary!" He had a wide grin on his face. "Just give me one sec, wait here!" So I did as he said, and watched him run into the woods, but then quickly come out in a new outfit. "Okay lets go!"

I nodded as he led the way through the neighborhood. He was showing me all kinds of places. He showed me where his house was, he showed me where Stark pond was.(I hope thats correct, I haven't finished the show yet so) He showed me where everything was! And then, he showed me the school.

"And this is the high school around here! It's not great, its kinda shitty, but, I think you'll manage!" He looked at the school and then back at me and smiled. I nodded and returned the smile.

"Thank you," I say as he begins to walk away, "For showing me around."

"Don't sweat it! Now come on!" He said and he began to walk again. As I followed him, I looked around, now actually knowing where everything was. "Hey, do you wanna hang out at my house maybe?" He asked kinda nervously, but I really wanted to, so a gave him a nod. He smiled, and pulled me into the direction of his house.

"Wow, you have a nice house dude!" I had to admit, it was really nice.

"Thanks! Now let's go inside before, ummm, before we freeze to death out here!"

"Its only 65 degrees though?" But I don't think he heard me because he grabbed me hand and pulled me inside. Jeez, you could try to be a little nicer!

"Hello Kyle, who's this?" Asked who I presume is his mom.

"This Naomi mom, shes new in town so I was just showing her around!" And I was correct! It was his mom. She looked at me and gave me a warm smile. I smiled back and put out my hand.

"Hello! How do you do?" (Why so formal?) She reaches out her hand and shakes mine.

"Im great!" I smile as I pull my hand back. "Oh Kyle!"

"Yeah mom?"

"Shes a keeper-,"

"OKAY WE'RE GOING NOW!" He yelled as his face turned slightly red. He grabbed my hand, again, and pulled me upstairs and into his room. "Jeez...Sorry about that."

"Sorry about what?" I ask in confusion.

"For always pulling you, I should probably stop that..." I shake my head.

"Its fine! I really don't mind!" I give him a small smile.

"So, wanna play a game? Like Mario kart?" He asked and I quickly nodded my head. He smiled and went over to his system to turn it on.

Soon the tv screen flashed on and it had Mario kart on it. I smiled as he handed me a controller.

We began to play, and since Im so good at video games, I beat his ass, multiple times! We played a lot of rounds, and I mean a lot! He kept getting so mad when I beat him, I couldn't help but giggle a little when he did.

I soon began to grow tired. I think he noticed.

"Alright, that was the last round!" He said as he took my controller and turned off the tv.

"Why? Because you know you'll keep losing~?" I said, smirking. He turned slightly red, probably because he is mad. (NO! He likes you idiot!)

"No because it's getting too late and you look tired." I frown a little but nod. "I'll walk you home!"

"Okay..." Im sad, I wanna keep playing. And maybe I wanna keep beating his ass at Mario kart, maybe. I walk with him out of the house as we walk back to mine.

Damn, it was late. It was like already 5:30pm. Jeez. I guess the tour was kinda long. We soon arrive at my house.

"Okay we're here! Bye Naomi!" He gives me a wave goodbye before adding, "See you at school!" I gave him a wave goodbye in return before opening the front door and walking inside.

When I close the door behind me, Charlie quickly runs up to me and gives me a hug.

"Where were you?!" I look down at her and return the hug, but quickly break it.

"I was hanging out with Kyle, you know, the kite kid from yesterday!" She looks up at me and gives me a smug grin.

"Who's he? Your boyfriend?" I stare at her in disbelief, but my face quickly turns red.

"Its not like that!" I yell embarrassed, and I quickly run upstairs to my room to hide my red face. Why was my face so red?