6 | out of season

To whoever invented monday morning, you should rot in hell

To whoever invented monday morning, you should rot in hell. I can't focus for the life of me, I can't wait for this class to be over.

I'm sitting in history class this morning, my mind completely filled with Nicolas. This weekend was just so unexpected, the way he showed up at five in the morning with the prettiest bucket list ever blew my mind.

I can't believe he did that, for me. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I'm used to people using me, calling me names, only wanting to spend times with me in a bed. No one has ever wanted to spend time with me, just for me. Except Nicolas...

I mean, I hope it's for me that he does that, I'm still not a hundred percent sure what his motives are, but he seemed honest.

The bell rings, announcing the end of the period and the start of lunch break. I gather my things, put my backpack on my shoulder and exit hell's room.

I make my way toward the refectory and spot the girls and Brady at our usual table. They wave at me and I smile in return.

I go toward the line to get my food and I'm joined by Nicolas.

"Good morning to you Princesse." Nicolas greets me.

"Well hello to you to, Nicolas." I take a plate and put a avocado toast on it, before moving on to the fruit section, Nicolas following behind me. He already got his food.

"Mango are out of season." He remarks as I'm taking a fruit salad off the tray.

"So are pear." I nod toward his plates.

"Touché."

I turn around to face him and get lost in his face. His eyes are the brightest brown I've ever seen, his features go together all so well and his mouth— God his mouth— is so full and pink I can't help but stare.

He must notice my staring and licks his lips, breaking me out of my thoughts as I look up to his eyes.

"You're gonna keep commenting on my food, or we can go sit?"  I say, trying to brush it off.

"You're gonna keep staring at me, or we can go sit now?" He grins, and something goes wild in my stomach.

This is our first encounter since this weekend and something changed in the way I see him. I feel hyper aware of him now, from his features to his smell. He invades my thoughts and consumes me.

I nod and we walk toward our friends.

Lo smiles as we arrive. I put my tray on the table and sit next to Alex and Nicolas settles in front of me.